Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
fatsidney Wrote:I have it working with my Harmony One, but it all depends on your IR rcvr. I am using a Media Center IR rcv and have my remote programmed to send MCE cmds. In the script I selected the Windows Media Center Remotes. I tried both and the second one worked for me.

yeah im using the media center IR Reciever so ill give that ago. So now i just need to programe the logitech remote to send all the MCE commands?
btw,

will the script have the support of the Ubuntu 9.10? Which will be releases tomorrow?

sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 91E7EE5E 318C7509

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu karmic main

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
As soon as 9.10 has been officially released I shall start working on 9.10 compatibility. I shall offer the option to install for 9.04 or 9.10.

Dennis
has anyone else here had trouble actually getting the skins to show up in the appearance options. I run option one and nothing shows, run a full update, nothing, run the skins option thing, nothing. Ive reinstalled multiple times.

Iv'e had no trouble manually adding skins, although when Ive done that my skins (the Aeon and mods) don't always look/function correctly, just little thing, like not being able to alter which modules show on the home screen.

The second problem I had on a regular install of Ubuntu as well... is it possible these to problems are related?
@ flxfxp: i installed xbmc live to my hard disk and used your script to setup my xbox remote. works great! thanks so much for your efforts.

small note though: when running the script on an xbmc live installation and choosing to upgrade to the latest svn revision, it f*cks up the entire install; it then boots to some status screen.
i'm kind of a linux noob and had no idea how to troubleshoot it so i ended up doing a clean reinstall of xbmc live.
just thought i'd mention Smile
I would love a option to install sabnzbd with your script.

sudo apt-get install sabnzbdplus

change /etc/default/sabnzbdplus to add external ip adress, port (default 8080) and username xbmc/

I might just get the hang of it and try to make the changes to your script myself.
Soon I'll have some time to work on XBMScript, I'll look into some of the bugs mentioned. Also, Ubuntu 9.10 has been released, as of now it's not compatible (yet).
I've got the same problem as frozenice.

When connecting USB Harddrive to USB nothing happens. I've reinstalled my XBMC Live so i'm pretty sure it worked before.
Actually i think my installation before was an earlier version of the script.

Both the "Stable" version and SVN.
Hi Amelandbor, I got an error on karmic running those commands, did karmic change something?

Amelandbor Wrote:Maybe good to add these lines to the script. (from another thread here)

Policy kit to allow Power management
------------------------------------
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions

When I entered these in a full ubuntu install, I was able to suspend, which I wasn't with this script.
I read something about hal not being the power management tool for karmic anymore, but I don't know for sure. Search and you will find it for sure.
Nice script, worked great on my asrock Wink. Looking forward for the Ubuntu 9.10 support. Many thnx!
i used this very smart script, but started with the XBMC part by mistake, how do I disable/enable XBMC autostarting, I need to use the Gnome desktop from time to time, hope someone can help me.
I love this script ... wow!

But i have one big question:

When running the script again to update to the latest svn.
Would it be overwrite my settings, database,... ? Blush

Maybe you can expand the script a little bit ? Big Grin

Before updating to the newest version write a backup to the disc and then updating.

If the svn has to many bugs it would be great when you can program a roll-back function to the last installed build.

That would be the greatest ... but the script at this time is awesome too.

Thx in advance

Martin
Anyone else having problems getting Alaska installed? having tried editing skin choices a few times i can not get it installed?

Thanks
It doesn't work at the moment.

I think the download link is broken !?.

Best Regards

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37