Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Can someone answer some questions for a partial noob.

1. During install (9.04 minimal ) I chose ubuntu-server kernel. Correct choice?
2. The only option I chose was the SSH client. should i have installed X11?
3. During the script, I chose not to install a window manager. Should I have?
DeanM3 Wrote:It cannot find X11. Was I supposed to install this during the MinimalCD installation?
It should have installed it. did it found the startx command or is X11 not installed entirely?
DeanM3 Wrote:Can someone answer some questions for a partial noob.

1. During install (9.04 minimal ) I chose ubuntu-server kernel. Correct choice?
2. The only option I chose was the SSH client. should i have installed X11?
3. During the script, I chose not to install a window manager. Should I have?

1. yes, that is correct
2. you should also have selected standard ubuntu server, did you selected this?
3. nope
@jannish:
Your solution is not working here. were you talking about Karmic maybe?

The 2 changes to my script were the keyserver & your change for the ppa's.

Also: I installed a normal minimal Jaunty. Is that sufficient?

Code:
The startx command does react now.
exec: 5: /usr/bin/X11/X: not found
giving up.
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error

I'm going to give the manual build of nvidia a try, if the nvidia is the real problem.

regards
I tried manual compilation multiple times, didn't help on any of the machines I used on getting the kernel modules properly loaded. Damn nvidia.
so none of the configurations with nvidia is working properly? Shocked
if nvidia is the problem, a gnome install wouldn't be working properly also if I understand that correctly?

Currently I have a bare 64-bit machine to install.

What is there I can do to test/help?
What is there left to be tried out that could give additional info?

Regards
johan_tre Wrote:so none of the configurations with nvidia is working properly? Shocked
if nvidia is the problem, a gnome install wouldn't be working properly also if I understand that correctly?

Currently I have a bare 64-bit machine to install.

What is there I can do to test/help?
What is there left to be tried out that could give additional info?

Regards

yes mate read my topic on forums my signature second link.
ehrm... your blogs handle about a working system, and tweaks onto it.
I'm looking for something working actually.

i have an intel Core Duo 64bit, and need to get this working with sound on HDMI.
Is there any setup that is working for this hardware?
Karmic, Jaunty, whatever, as long a have a latest SVN-xbmc system working.

Later on I can do some work for configuring the remote of my Antec black fusion.
I've already done a setup once, so that shouldn't be too difficult. Fact is that the standard that lirc offers is of no use.
Maybe it can be helpful in the original Xbmscript. Cause this script is somewhat the best that came out ever :-)
Hi all,

I'm using a cheap remote, which have 4 keys that change from tty1 to tty4 (respectively, the keys from remote does alt+ctrl f1 to f4).
When someone accidentally presses any of these keys, the ASRock will change from TTY7 to 1-4 (according with key pressed). This wasn't a problem when I used the script with 9.04, since the XBMC use to run in terminal 1, but now, in karmic, the autostart is running XBMC in terminal 7 (which Is the default).
The problem is: I cannot go back to XBMC (terminal 7) with the remote, since it only have the 4 keys.

So, can I change the terminal that X is running, from, for example, 7 to 4? This will make much easier to switch back to XBMC when a key is accidentally pressed...

Thanks in advance.
That is all configurable in XBMC settings. Think this can be helpful:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63451
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Lirc_and_Lircmap.xml
I'd like to wish a merry christmas to everyone here, especially the ones who've helped me in the past!

Regards,

Dennis
Does this work with the 330 HT? I heard the remote didn't work but apparently a driver is out now. What I mean to ask, does this install that driver as well or what?
Getting mine on Monday hopefully.

Also, maybe you should add Transparency install/update if it isn't Smile
Has anyone thought about releasing this as a "Distro" or even as an Image , that can be restored to a Asrock with Clonezilla ?

Like i said , just a thought Rolleyes
I have some personal trueimage backups, but they are completely configured for the use of the sony bluetooth remote
will using debian live tools to create a asrock specific install xbmc disc help? Now that would be better then a Acronis true image. SImply cause it would mean anyone can use it straight away., except the specific confi and the bits that the asrock takes to work properly. I would say the xbmclive install CD workes a treat however the latest dont work for me at all. It just hangs in error when it goes to install the system. tried several disks and no joy even several images and disks none are coasters but they fail on the asrock on same point.
Have been reading the last 15 pages now and tried some different stuff like http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/script/xbmscript.sh and so on but still cant get it to work on jaunty 9.04.
Just get "no resume image, doing normal boot...".
Tried option 1 with stable and option 2 aswell, same error, tried fresh ubuntuinstalls 3 times now without success.
Any suggestions?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37