Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Boot Ubuntu to correct resolution.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've got a full Ubuntu (Jaunty) install on an Acer Revo. It's connected via HDMI to my Onkyo 606 amp.

The issue I'm having is that if I don't have my amp switched to the input the Revo uses I get a black screen (and the amp says no HDMI signal received) when I do want to switch to it (that make sense?)

I've read several threads on things like adding mod lines to the xorg.conf file etc but the best I've managed is instead of a black screen I get the wrong resolution.

I fit helps my TV is a Panasonic PX80 720p 1024 x 768

I've been trying to sort this out for ages now, feels like I'm bashing my head against a brick wall now. Could someone please help me sort this out.

Thank you
You'll likely get a more straight forward and better qualified answer from the Ubuntu Forums. This has nothing to do with XBMC.
modelines may not help. AFAIK, some mobos won't activate the HDMI jack if there's nothing "live" on it when the board comes up. I think I have that problem with an ASUS M3A78EM but haven't gotten around to confirming it