Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLive, my first ever time using it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Never used XBMCLive before, seems good so far. (Using it on my ASRock 330)
I downloaded the ISO from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/fi...p/download
Is this the most up to date version?

I always used to go to XBMC NIGHTLY BUILDS website for my xbox fix.

Very chuffed that it picked up my MCE remote, couple of problems though for me:

1) Added a source in MyVideos linking to my network drive. Viewing the contents is sloooooooooooooww (30 seconds average to open a source). The drive is 100mbit, the switch involved is 100mbit. The Box I'm running Live on is Gigabit. Sad anyone know what's happening here?

2) File structure, I went into file manager to check out the lay of the land. "Profile Data" seems to be the stuff on the memstick, integral stuff like database, thumbs, vis, playlists etc. (465.5MB)

"Home Folder", again seems to be integral- plugins, scripts etc. (interestingly there's no skins in the skin folder) -but this is where I should add the AEON skin right? Anyway, all in all 879.4MB I will leave it well alone lest I eff something up.

I also see:
DVD drive (DVD) (I have a DVD (UDF) in the drive, but it gives the error "PATH NOT FOUND OR INVALD")
bootmediamnt (which seems inaccessible)

Then I have 2 entries
Menace2Society (DVD)
Menace2Society (DVD)

(I have a burnt UDF DVD in the drive of this film). Why is it written twice? Also, none of them are accessible "PATH NOT FOUND OR INVALID" again is the error.

I would be dissapointed to find out that XBMCLive cannot read UDF burnt DVDs, as I have quite a few of em! Confused

On the main menu, pressing PLAY THE DVD does nothing. (the DVD has only 2 files on it, Menace To Society.mkv, and Menace To Society.jpg

In the settings, Autoplay.. everything is enabled (autoplay on everything).

Why is XBMC not playing my disc? Sad

3) Bit sad to see pictures loading in just as a slowly as the did on the xbox Sad I was hoping this feature would be better with the dual core CPU so I could make it more presentable to family members without the frustration of slow loading. The images are 3.5MB each and take about 3 seconds to load in. (again though, they are loading over my LAN, which as I mentioned already, seems to be slow at the moment). I will copy some images to the stick and see if speed improves.