Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Understanding scene style file names for movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When adding content to the library, XBMC doesn't understand a filename such as

Film.Name.2009.720p.BluRay.DTS-SCENE.mkv

With the option "Clean folders and file names" enabled, XBMC perfectly understands the filename and shows each listing as:

Film Name (2009)

However, when scraping for movie information/thumbs, it will attempt a search of "Film.Name.2009.720p.BluRay.DTS-SCENE.mkv", which obviously fails. Meaning I have to add each item manually to the library.

All files are in a single directory, without nfo's.

I remember a few years ago my Xbox with XBMC could understand these filenames without a problem, in fact it was what made me dump MythVideo as a library. Have I not set something up right or has this feature regressed?

Debian Testing 2.6.30-1
XBMC r22528 (before DirectX submit)
A debug log will tell everyone, immediately what's going on.

Sticky: [LINUX] HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner

As you said yourself, XBMC handles these files without issue, and is done before it actually gets to the scraper.
XBMC is using the same function to clean up and prepare scrape search terms. As Maxim already stated, debug log will tell. Most likely it's an bad scraper setting.
It seems themoviedb.org is under a lot of strain, especially over the weekend. Correct queries were being sent, but not repleid to in a timely manner, causing XBMC to request the user to enter a new search query (defaulting to the filename).

Perhaps some feedback as to why the original search failed would be a good idea. However now that I know what the problem is, I'll be quiet Smile

ta!
stalka Wrote:Perhaps some feedback as to why the original search failed would be a good idea.
Yeah, i've wanted more feedback in regards to what's going on with the scrappers too. If you would like you can file a Feature Request on http://trac.xbmc.org

You can use your forum login on trac.
Exactly. Btw, we love feature requests with patches attached :p
I noticed that "The.Fountain.2006.DVD5.720p.BluRay.x264-hV" as a folder name is regexed and searched for as "The Fountain 2006 DVD5" and of course no results. I would assume DVD5 would be included in the tag list?!?
vdrfan Wrote:Exactly. Btw, we love feature requests with patches attached :p
Maybe someday, not any from me right now, I would if I had the know how.

Also DVD5 can be added to the exclude list through advancedsettings.xml
Yeah i have my advanced settings nailed for pulling in scene releases if you want a copy PM me.
FYI, Added dvd5 and dvd9 to clean tokens.
Two weeks ago, tmdb scraper found all my movies and added them to my library. I was using the current stable release (9.04.1-repack2) for win32. Three days ago, I updated to build 22516 and put transparency 2.0 on there.
Since then, the scraper hasn't been finding most of my movies.
I even tried removing previously added movies from my library and let it automatically add the next time I start xbmc, but nope. Going through debug logs show me that the scraper is searching using the format "movie name year". With that string, themoviedb.org returns no movies. (ie Broken Trail 2006) On themoviedb.org webpage, I can search for "Broken Trail" and get the right and only hit. But if I search for "Broken Trail 2006", I get no hits, although the movie is from 2006.

What I am trying to figure out is, (since I don't have copies of my debug logs from when I had 9.04.1 and originally imported those movies into my library) is this problem caused by a change in the scraper or a change in how themoviedb.org's search functions.

Can anyone help me with this?

Because right now, I would hate to re-import my library.
aptalca Wrote:Two weeks ago, tmdb scraper found all my movies and added them to my library. I was using the current stable release (9.04.1-repack2) for win32. Three days ago, I updated to build 22516 and put transparency 2.0 on there.
Since then, the scraper hasn't been finding most of my movies.

stalka Wrote:It seems themoviedb.org is under a lot of strain, especially over the weekend. Correct queries were being sent, but not repleid to in a timely manner, causing XBMC to request the user to enter a new search query (defaulting to the filename).

Perhaps some feedback as to why the original search failed would be a good idea. However now that I know what the problem is, I'll be quiet Smile

ta!

Maybe?
what stalka is saying is that xbmc is not getting the reply in time. in other words xbmc scraper times out before getting the reply.

I am actually getting the reply. Because I am trying it on themoviedb.org's website. I manually search for "broken trail 2006" and it returns no movies. But if I search for "broken trail" I get one movie hit which is broken trail from 2006.

My problem is not a timeout issue. It is due to how xbmc handles the file (regexing) and searches on themoviedb.org.

I guess my question is, did xbmc always search for "movie name year" or is it a new thing (maybe post 9.04.1)? If it always did, then did themoviedb.org recently change their search engine where it only searches in the movie name and not in other fieldsHuh
bump, anyone?

does anybody know whether tmdb scraper always searched for movies along with the year in the title? and if themoviedb.org recently stopped accepting year in the title??
debug log please
Pages: 1 2