Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with updating on aTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been running XBMC on and AppleTv for about 2 months now, and decided to update to the latest build. However, I'm running into a problem figuring out how to update. The online manual says: "Later if you wish to update XBMC select "Update" under the XBMC menu on your Apple TV.", but I don't have an XBMC option from the aTV menu. I can only launch XBMC and Boxee from the "Launcher" menu, and there are no options to update that I can find. So, is there anyone that can tell me how to get a XBMC menu where I can update, or another way to go about updating?

Thanks
itsterry Wrote:I've been running XBMC on and AppleTv for about 2 months now, and decided to update to the latest build. However, I'm running into a problem figuring out how to update. The online manual says: "Later if you wish to update XBMC select "Update" under the XBMC menu on your Apple TV.", but I don't have an XBMC option from the aTV menu. I can only launch XBMC and Boxee from the "Launcher" menu, and there are no options to update that I can find. So, is there anyone that can tell me how to get a XBMC menu where I can update, or another way to go about updating?

Thanks

what are the other entries in the launcher menus?
"Boxee"
"Downloads" (which has download links for the versions of XBMC, Boxee, and Launcher that are already installed),
"Settings" (which has only options for Universal Mode and aTV update)
and "About"
if "Downloads" has the version already installed, then you have the latest version. Since you don't give any versions (launcher, xbmc, etc) there's no way I can tell if Launcher is telling lies.
Yeah, I was actually just coming to post that I figured it out. The way this came about was that I installed a new skin, but when I went to change over to that skin, it was grayed out and said something about requiring a higher version. I just assumed it was referring to XBMC, but it must be a problem with the skin. Thanks for the help regardless.
Sounds like you are in the same situation I was.

The 'download'er (apparently) only downloads the current stable release, which is 9.04 I believe.

You can add the nightly builds to the list, but currently the osx build isn't available so it won't work (at least didn't for me).

read the below links and threads, you will have to ssh and manually add the nightly list. Once the OSX build is working, then it should be easy to use that to update.

To manually update to the most current build, you will have to manually download it, copy it to the atv and do similar to what is posted in the threads linked below.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p...ostcount=1

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=403...tcount=106