Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Controls & Genres
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I love the look of XMBC, but forgive me as I'm not overly technical!

I am looking for a media server solution to use in my pub, displaying music information out to customers and this looks perfect.

However, I need to be able to control music quickly and easily, select genres or large groups so I can leave it playing continuously, and pause/change track etc. without too much difficulty.

I can't seem to get XMBC to recognise the genres in my existing media folder or get it to read the existing Win Media Player database as I have been able to do with a couple of other solutions. For example - I want to be able to say "right, today we'll play the genre POP on the bar," and get it to do that. Is this possible?

Also, can I use the media controls on my keyboard to control the software? i.e., if I want to flick to the next track in the queue, just push the 'next track' arrow.

Visually, this looks perfect for me, but it might not work for me if either I, or the staff, don't understand how to navigate it.

Sorry once again for sounding dense, but if there's a simple solution please let me know!

Thank you.

Mark.
1. Scan music into the library.
2. Enjoy.