Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: colon bug when adding a source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I add a video source to XMBC for linux and give it a name like...
X:\videos
XBMC crashes whenever I navigate back to the sources list.

So I have to edit the sources.xml file and remove the colon and it works.

Anyone else experience this?
Please see the sticky regarding posting problems in a useful manner.
Ubuntu JJ 9.04
0.9.14.6992M
x86
PPA

I'm really not sure how to get all the logs...I'm looking into it. I just simply want to know if anyone else can put a colon in the name of a video source.

Using a colon in a share name with the Windows version has never given me a problem with any version.
Wow, nobody else knows about this issue....hmmm.
Nope, not able to reproduce. Please update and report back if the issue still exists.
vdrfan Wrote:Nope, not able to reproduce. Please update and report back if the issue still exists.

Ok, it might not just be just a colon issue.

Here is my setup. I have a samba share on an XP machine (Sony Vaio). The drive is shared (mounted in windows as "X:").

So, in XBMC (linux) I add a new video source, browse the smb:\\ option and navigate to this drive (called X) and go in one sub directory (called media). so... X:\media is the actual path on the Windows machine and the Linux path is smb://VAIO/X/media/

I name the share in XBMC...
X:\media
As soon as I save it, it crashes.

If I just name a share...
whatever:whatever
it works.

I can even name it...
whatever:\whatever
and it works.

It seems to have a problem with naming it "X:\something" pointing to a samba share.

Very weird
A Debug Log and crash report would be useful.
Pastebin!
I couldn't get back to the gdb prompt...I hit return about a million times. The screen was just full of...

0x08525dff in CUtil::RemoveSlashAtEnd ()
I can't reproduce, but will see if I can figure out how CUtil::RemoveSlashAtEnd() can infinite loop.

EDIT: Your Debug Log is useless - you didn't actually go in to setup a source during that session.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow something contains "://" yet is not a valid URL.

EDIT2: I've added some sanity checks to these functions which may fix the problem in r23959.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thank you jmarshall,

I apologize if my Debug Log was not helpful. I am trying my best. I'm just not an expert yet when it comes to the linux world.

Just for clarification ":/" would just be part of the name, not the url....but maybe my terminology is off. Also it's just one forward slash, not two.

David

jmarshall Wrote:I can't reproduce, but will see if I can figure out how CUtil::RemoveSlashAtEnd() can infinite loop.

EDIT: Your Debug Log is useless - you didn't actually go in to setup a source during that session.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow something contains "://" yet is not a valid URL.

EDIT2: I've added some sanity checks to these functions which may fix the problem in r23959.

Cheers,
Jonathan