Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to disable weather? (Possible memory leak)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pretty sure that my xbmc is leaking memory when checking the weather (9.04.1 on 32 bit Jaunty). I looked at open bugs and searched the forum and I don't see any similar issues out there. I tried blanking out the weather section of guisettings.xml in various ways but xbmc either recreates the default cities or still checks my bogus cities.

It looks like it's leaking about 8 MB per refresh or about 384 MB per day on my system. I have to have a watch script restart xbmc when usage gets too high.

Is anyone else seeing this? If the current svn is stable enough to try I could give that a run ... Thanks for any advice.
Probably the autodelete thread leaking address space thingy that was fixed some months ago. Update to something post r22059 and it should be resolved.
I've been reading a few other topics and it seems like there was a big merge recently. I'll wait for a bit and then try an upgrade. Thanks!
Must not have read enough of them, 22528 is fine.