Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping Problem, Season number is a year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As above im trying to scrape episodes of this but it wont seem to work at all.

In all my other tv shows i have them labelled as s01e01 etc, so with this i tried s2009e01 etc but it wont recognise it at all, any help appreciated.
yeah, that's not gonna fly. our code only allocates 8 bits to season numbers.
You could set up an nfo file for this series... using the series id and season id...
still helps jack - we can't represent the season properly number in xbmc.
spiff Wrote:still helps jack - we can't represent the season properly number in xbmc.

What about if you call the season 09 ... You could possibly edit the database manually to change that couldn't you?
okay, guess i need to go into the details since you refuse to believe me (which turns out to be a good thing Wink)

you have specials. specials have a sort episode, i.e. show this between ep 7 and ep 8 in season 2.

since we only have a single number to represent these (during sorting) we use a bitmask. specifically;
Code:
// we calculate an offset number based on the episode's
  // sort season and episode values. in addition
  // we include specials 'episode' numbers to get proper
  // sorting of multiple specials in a row. each
  // of these are given their particular ranges to semi-ensure uniqueness.
  // theoretical problem: if a show has > 128 specials and two of these are placed
  // after each other they will sort backwards. if a show has > 2^8-1 seasons
  // or if a season has > 2^16-1 episodes strange things will happen (overflow)
  unsigned int num;
  if (tag->m_iSpecialSortEpisode > 0)
     num = (tag->m_iSpecialSortSeason<<24)+(tag->m_iSpecialSortEpisode<<8)-(128 tag->m_iEpisode);
  else
    num = (tag->m_iSeason<<24)+(tag->m_iEpisode<<8);

after reading the details i realize my memory was a bit off, only sorting will be a problem.
I guess the other option would be to manually add this into the database instead of scrapping it... Manually you could display the "season" as a 2 number representation of the year, no? It would take a lot more work since you have to do each episode independent but it should work right?