Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ASrock ION 330/ ubuntu/ hdmi/ sounds outside xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
xbmc is running a treat on my asrock, with sound working fine over hdmi.

outside of xbmc, sound isn't working too well (ok in flash clips like youtube, ok with mplayer). However, things like "system sounds", and sounds from local games is not working at all.

I haven't upgraded alsa (just got the default version which installed with ubuntu 9.04)

Any clues on what I need to do to get sound over hdmi working *outside* xbmc

(Apologies if this posting is considered "off topic", I just figure the minds that hook into these forums are my best bet for getting this resolved quickly Big Grin)
supergrapeman Wrote:xbmc is running a treat on my asrock, with sound working fine over hdmi.

outside of xbmc, sound isn't working too well (ok in flash clips like youtube, ok with mplayer). However, things like "system sounds", and sounds from local games is not working at all.

I haven't upgraded alsa (just got the default version which installed with ubuntu 9.04)

Any clues on what I need to do to get sound over hdmi working *outside* xbmc

(Apologies if this posting is considered "off topic", I just figure the minds that hook into these forums are my best bet for getting this resolved quickly Big Grin)

any ideas, folks? your time to read/ reply is really appreciated Big Grin
Quote:any ideas, folks? your time to read/ reply is really appreciated

Outside xbmc = ubuntu. You should post that in the ubuntu forum.