Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Mac] Streaming network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have search internet and the user manual, maybe it's me, but I can not find any setup for mac how to stream from mac to mac over the network

I have an Airport Extreme as router

anyone know how to?

Thanks in advance!
Have you added your sources yet?
no, I haven't!
I have no clue how it works

I have added sources for my iMacs, the ones I got on the HD

so, I want to stream from my iMac to my MacBook
Right you may have got a bit confused.

The best bet is to set up SMB.

ON the imac goto system prefrences and sharing, in advanced turn on SMB. Back in sharing click add for the folders to share and navigate to the folders with your media in.

INstall XBMC on the macbook.

On the mac book in videos section click add source, then browse, then scroll to windows network. Select this, then select 'WorkGroup' your imac will now appear select it and the folders you asked to share will now appear.

Once they are in back in videos select one of the folders and press c, then set content, set the content for them and scan them into the macbook.

Your mac book will now have the content. Obviously as its streaming the imac needs to be on in order for it to work.
thanks alot =)

Would be quite hard to stream if the iMac is turned off, but hey, you can always try, might work in some magical way oO