Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 9.04 on Mac Hackintosh..... problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys,

I have leopard 10.5.4 running on a Dell Precision 670. I am using the iDeneb version 1.1 of the hackintosh os and it works beautifully with the Dell. You can see the hardware config below and you can see the XBMC screen. I can access the XBMC menus and can quit out of it but the screen is blank. Any hints would be helpful.

dogk1cker
"Leave my dog bone alone!"
Oo

I don't really understand the appeal of trying to put osx on hardware it wasn't designed for. Try a later build, but I doubt you'll get much love in terms of support for that platform.
I'll take that as your personal opinion and ignore it.
dogk1cker Wrote:Guys,

I have leopard 10.5.4 running on a Dell Precision 670. I am using the iDeneb version 1.1 of the hackintosh os and it works beautifully with the Dell. You can see the hardware config below and you can see the XBMC screen. I can access the XBMC menus and can quit out of it but the screen is blank. Any hints would be helpful.

dogk1cker
"Leave my dog bone alone!"
Oo

Need to pastebin the xbmc.log. This smells like XBMC_HOME was not setup correctly, I see this when forgetting to set it under an xcode launch.
dogk1cker Wrote:I'll take that as your personal opinion and ignore it.

You didn't include anything helpful in your post, so there wasn't much to say.

Is it dedicated to HTPC, if so why not just run linux? It would be less hacky and more likely to work.

toss up a log or two.