Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help me for my purpose of using xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All:
I'm definitely a newbie with using xbmc and from reading a lot of the how tos & posts on this forums, i was able to get some ideas but I still need your help for the purpose of me using it.

I have a lot of video karaoke files (VOB) & I want to use xbmc & my ir remote control to play it.

Are the following functions available? If yes, can you provide some guidance?

1. while a video is playing, I want to be able to jump to a file number (or name) on the remote.

2. i want to queue in the next song by entering file number while the video is playing.

3. my video files have 2 audio tracks (1 with vocal & 1 only music), possible to switch audio tracks with my remote control? (i've been reading and looks like this is possible with some program installed and some code editing.

I know a lot of people here are very knowledgeable so anyone can answer any of my questions is greatly appreciated! Wink
hmm...no answers... =(

if xbmc is not possible, any alternative software that have these features?
h2hcoop Wrote:hmm...no answers... =(

If you used search, you'd find the answers some time ago Smile

1,2: Basically, video files are not indexed by Karaoke enumerator, and required changes to support both music and video indexes are significant. Therefore they cannot be selected by number, and this is unlikely to change in near future. I might stick it in if we're doing major database redesign, but in current state it simply not worth it.

3 should be possible by adding an action for your remote.