Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: movie folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I made Transparency more woman-friendly, so it remembers the different folders.
FX:
server / movies in the movie button
server / Recorded TV in the TV series button

because I can´t figure out how to get it to remember so you should´t brovse after it every time you switch from film to television series

when I'm in TV series window, then just a white background is usually

thanks for a great skin
kim_p Wrote:How can I made Transparency more woman-friendly, so it remembers the different folders.
FX:
server / movies in the movie button
server / Recorded TV in the TV series button

the 'movies' and 'tv shows' buttons are made to work with the xbmc's library mode.
it looks like you're using file mode, so they won't work for you.

either scan all your movies / tv shows to the library or you'll have to modify the xml code yourself to get the buttons to behave like you want to.

kim_p Wrote:when I'm in TV series window, then just a white background is usually

there's been a few white screen/textures bugs in recent svn, so maybe you're using one of the versions that affected by this.
either use the 'stable' svn r22528 or upgrade to the latest available svn version.
I have now tested xbmc's library mode
and then got the following new problems with my recorded TV.

In this folder I have some Recorded TV and series they are located in a folder
example: server / Recorded TV/serie1/ll.avi
server / Recorded TV / Series2/ll.avi
server / Recorded TV/serie3/ll.avi
server / Recorded TV/seri
and then I have some simple recordings of some programs but they do not come with the
library mode.

ex:
server / Recorded TV/ll.avi
server / Recorded TV/lll.avi
server / Recorded TV/llll.avi
Each TV show needs to be in its own folder for XBMC to be able to scan it into the library.

More info on naming convention here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_(Vi...onventions

I do have a question though, is there a difference between "user friendly" and "woman friendly" ? Huh
i though you could do it like this for example

folder1(the simpsons)folder2(season1)the files s1e1 s1e2