Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbox + opensubtitles-osd = fail?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all this skin is perfectly suited for the xbox. It looks and performs really well and my XBMC has never looked this good! Thanks for that!

Tonight I tried to get the opensubtitles-osd script working with the xbox version of the transparancy skin but I fail to see that button which would enable the lookup script in the video OSD.

My configuration:
  • The latest version of opensubtitles-osd from: http://code.google.com/p/opensubtitles-osd/.
    I can configure it but I can't run it since it is supposed to be started from the OSD.
  • The transparancy skin for xbox from: http://xbmc.org/skins/transparency/5/ According to the skin.xml this is version 2.11.
    I looked in the VideoOSD.xml and there is a button defined. There is also a script-OpenSubtitles_OSD-main.xml file in the 720p folder.
  • The precompiled version of XBMC by T3CH version 21142.

Can someone help me out?

Cheers,
San
When you are watching a movie or TV Show bring up the On Screen Display, there is one button with a "=" sign, this button opens OSD

I am still having trouble remembering what button does what. Huh
you'll also have to enable it:
Settings > Skin Settings > Scripts > Show subtitle script button in OSD
and enter the path to the script.
Ronie, thanks a million! I could not find the skin settings menu so I figured you disabled it in this skin. You pointed me in the right direction and now I customised it a bit further and it looks even better.

I would suggest that skin settings are as a bit more central in the settings interface (if possible) instead of the hidden sidepane.
san Wrote:Ronie, thanks a million! I could not find the skin settings menu so I figured you disabled it in this skin. You pointed me in the right direction and now I customised it a bit further and it looks even better.

well, if it does then a screenshot is more than welcome! ;-)

san Wrote:I would suggest that skin settings are as a bit more central in the settings interface (if possible) instead of the hidden sidepane.

i know...in the next version the skin settings button will be selected by default when you go to the settings page.