Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Windows XBMC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have a problem that causes me to go nuts because i can't find the answer to it (googled a lot).
When i'm trying to view my series trough XBMC i noticed that my aspect ratio is wrong, i adjusted the 3% error to 0 all ready but no luck Sad

I'll show ya my problem trough 2 screen shots.

The top picture is XBMC full screen and the bottom one is MPC full screen. At the sides of the bottom picture you see that there's a huge difference
All ideas on how to solve this are welcome.

Thanks all in advance

Sprokk
Press Z (once) then take your screenshot.
Ok like you asked here is the screen.

After some math i see that the 1364x1080 is wrong it should be aprox 1472x1080
The AR of 1.36 is correct if ya 720/528=1.363636... but 1080*1.36(363636)...=1472 so imo the 1364 is calculated wrong.

Hope it gives ya some info.

Sprokk

p.s.
maybe it helps to
I suspect it's getting the pixel ratio for the screen incorrectly. Which version (GL/DX, revision) are you running?

Cheers,
Jonathan
If you are talking about the XBMC version then i have to say the one i could download from the main site (XBMC) and i tried the night builds from sshcs. With the night builds the theme i use (Rapier) looks better. But i have it with both versions. I also tested a file from the net with 640x480 (to be sure it was 1.33) and the same problem when it gets scaled up it gets squezed :/

Hope this helps

Sprokk
I suspect you were using the DirectX builds, which had broken AR. I've just done some cleanup there and have committed some changes in r23426 that should at least make things consistent across platforms in this regard.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I'll keep an eye on a new nightly build and check it out, thanks for the help

Sprokk

*EDIT*
Just tested the latest nightly build and it works, the ar is correct now Smile

Thanks for the help

Sprokk