Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A few questions regarding XBMC Windows.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, i hope you will bear with me.

I recently discovered XBMC and i am loving it. I have it running on an HTPC with about 3 TB of content, mainly 720p/1080p movies and TV-series.

Importing all the stuff into the library, while troublesome at first worked well after a while, and now it is pretty well organized!

But, still - i have a few questions / issues, be free to reply to either one or all of my three questions;

1. I have a "folder" under TV-Series (within xbmc) named "9" that refers to a folder (on the HDD) that doesn't exist (e:\TV-Shows\The Simpsons). It doesn't contain any episodes, but it will not be removed. I have tried several things;

a) removing from library within xbmc (restarted and tried ofcourse)
b) creating the folder it was referring to, reboot, start / exit xbmc, delete folder and then removing from library.

2. Today i tried adding S08.E02 of family guy to my Family Guy folder, but it wouldn't appear in XBMC. Is it too new? (came out yesterday). Has exact same naming system as 08.01, which is found perfectly. I scanned for new content, both on start-up automatically, and then manually within the family guy folder.

3. Is there a shortcut (keyboard or other) that i can use to toggle information regarding video playback while playing, ie fps, bitrate, scaling and soforth? Interested to see how xbmc deals with different formats compared to media player classic / K-lite.

I am sorry if any or all of these are "noobish", but this is new stuff to me.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Smile

Kind Regards,
KF
About 1) I am not really sure if I understand the situation.
If the folder does not exist and you delete it from the library, how is possibly XBMC picking it up again?
Maybe you should delete from library, then clean the database, then make sure the folder definitely does not exists and then restart XBMC.

About 2) probably still no info for the scrapers, if 8.01 it's working and the name follows the same pattern that should be the most logical answer. You can try using an external media manager or creating a manual .nfo. Or just wait a few days to see it in the Library, you can still play it from File View mode.