Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why can't I add folders to library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to add my folder (contains 1 movie or sometimes a few episodes) but there's no button on the context menu "manually add to library" like there is if you use the c menu on a movie? :confused2::confused2:

Band of Brothers = 10 episodes, all properly named: episode name, order etc
no "manually add to library" button if I use the context menu on the folder. I've tried creating a folder with just 1 movie inside, but alas no joy.

Help please

Thank You
You have to set content on that source or folder first.
you can't manually add tvshows. use nfo files if you want to customize.
vdrfan Wrote:You have to set content on that source or folder first.

I might have been a bit unclear in my previous post. TV-SHOW or not I can't for the life of me add anything if it's in a folder.

Example: created a new folder named: foo, placed an mkv (foo2) within the folder, right clicking on the folder "manually add library" is NOT available as an option.

-foo
--foo2.mkv

Quote:spiff you can't manually add tvshows. use nfo files if you want to customize.

I'm getting confused here, is it possible to add your folder if just contains 1 movie to your library or do you have to run a special/custom script everytime you want a folder with movie added?

Thanks guys
you quite obviously haven't read the wiki. go do that. start here