Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fanart issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to ask you:
I have to add manually the fanart of my music? or it's automaticaly obtained from internet

thx
When you first add your source and do the initial scan it will try to scrape the relevant info (fanart included) from the Internet.

After it fishishes you can find that some band/artists have failed to be recognized and in my case I donwloaded and set the fanart manually.
You can also add the fanart manually as well.

I believe the folder structure would be as follows:

F:\Music\
F:\Music\Artist Name
F:\Music\Artist Name\Album Name
F:\Music\Artist Name\fanart.jpg

Someone can correct me if Im wrong about this. Within the Album Name folder, you can also store album covers by using "folder.jpg" and XBMC should recognize it as the album cover and place your fanart for your artist.
Quote:Within the Album Name folder, you can also store album covers by using "folder.jpg" and XBMC should recognize it as the album cover and place your fanart for your artist.

Yep, folder.jpg inside an album folder will show as the cover by default in "File mode".
In "Library Mode" it will show up as a cover when you go to the "Album Info" screen, but in "Library Mode" album listing it will still show a generic cover until you specifically open "Album Info", select "Get Thumb" and browse to the folder.jpg image.

At least here. Wink
I want to show fanart when i listen the music but i don't know how to get fanart
There is an option in settings to disable or enable visualization and within those settings the fanart will be displayed.

I believe on XBOX (which is what I use) if you press the white context button this will also enable cdart as well as fanart...Im not at my XBOX to provide you with a concrete answer unfortunately.
adsoto Wrote:Yep, folder.jpg inside an album folder will show as the cover by default in "File mode".
In "Library Mode" it will show up as a cover when you go to the "Album Info" screen, but in "Library Mode" album listing it will still show a generic cover until you specifically open "Album Info", select "Get Thumb" and browse to the folder.jpg image.

this shouldn't be necessary, the folder.jpg is used automatically in library mode as well.

of course you'll have to rescan your music to the library again, after you've added the folder.jpg images.