Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Text input from remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a vague memory that text input was working a few months ago. I haven't used it much, but when searching for videos on youtube it's a must. Also using the search movie feature in Aeon would be nice to get working.

My problem is that whenever one of those text input controls pops up no matter what I try I can't figure out how to input the text with my remote. The arrowkeys just moves the cursor inside the textbox, and not up among the keys of the virtual keyboard Sad

I'm using a Sony Ericsson phone that emulates a keyboard btw.

Do I need to remap the arrowkeys to something other than the their default values to be able to access the virtual keyboard in text input dialogs?

Any other ideas?
It's because your remote is emulating the keyboard. See AdvancedSettings.xml in the online manual - there's a setting you can use to ensure that your remote directions will work.

Cheers,
Jonathan
aaaah, <navigatevirtualkeyboard>, works like a charm now, thx! Big Grin

just out of curiosity though was this option added (or it's default behavior changed) some time this year? :o

anyway thx again! Smile
It was added this year I believe, yes (probably before 9.04).

I suspect for the next release it'll be a UI option.