Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Permanent information bar when playing music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
when XBMC is playing music the information bar (containing artist, title, duration etc.) is displayed for about 10 seconds before it vanishes and only the goom (or whatever is chosen) is shown on the monitor.

How can I make the information bar show permanently?
I did not find anything in the settings of any skin. Is there a file to be edited? Any timeout settings? Maybe a time of 6000 seconds to show or something ike this?

Regards,
BB
'i' cycles between 'show for 10 secs' and 'show permanently'. this is the showinfo action iirc if you don't have a keyboard.
you are probably not interested, but you can adjust the timeout value in advancedsettings.xml
Shocked

Wow, that was fast! And helpful - I got it (my first manual configuration of XBMC) Big Grin
Looks like the more I get into XBMC, the more I love it.

Thank you very much, have a nice day.
BB
Sorry, but I was too hasty - it doesn't work yet.

Here's the content of my advancedsettings.xml file:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <songinfoduration>0</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

I put this file in two paths:

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/userdata
/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/userdata/visualisations

Of course I restarted XBMC, as well as the apple TV.
I also tested it with another value than "0" - no effect.

The info bar disappears after 22 seconds...:confused2:

\EDIT: Could somebody please confirm if this is a bug or an individual problem?
Sounds like we have a bug...
The specs say that 0 should mean "forever".
I actually just added that in the wiki, that's what I was told, but I didn't actually try it myself. So probably not a bug, just bad data maybe...

But the setting does work in general for me, as I've got mine set to 60 seconds
Thank you - let's hope it will be fixed.

But where can I find your edit in the wiki?
Code looks right.
Bobby Blixberg Wrote:Thank you - let's hope it will be fixed.

But where can I find your edit in the wiki?

The advancedsettings section of the wiki
Works perfectly for me.
Unfortunately I am still having this issue with the new version XBMC 9.11: Alpha1

@jmarshall: Could you please provide more info? Where is your advancedsettings.xml stored?
Which program did you use to create it? Maybe it is a matter of the code page...?
Thank you.
Debug log will show you exactly what is being read out of advancedsettings.xml
Now it works!
Curiously enough advancedsettings.xml is not read when there is only one value entered, as soon as I enter more than one value, the <songinfoduration> value works, too.