Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "virtual/manual" Filenames possible? Scraper dont recognize my anime.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i just starting to "play" around with XBMC and so far i like it.
I just noticed that i can directly add a ftp server as source and play shows from there. Works fine so far, but the problem is that i cant rename the files on the ftp server and they dont have a XBMC compatible format.

So for example there is "Anime/Bleach/[DB]_Bleach_239_[134CBC70].avi" file, now XBMC will recognize Bleach correctly or i can set a manual title. But even with absolute episode ordering for the tvdb scraper i would have to change it to "s01e239", if i understand this correctly. Since i cant change the filename is there a way to "trick" XBMC to somehow recognize the "..Bleach_239.." episode correctly or does some kind of edit episode title or script exists to aid me here?

So far in the past i used some special ftp tool to check the ftp folders for new files and download them, than i had to hash those via anidb and auto rename the files to a XBMC compatible format so they are listed correctly.

Now if i see it correctly i could directly add my ongoing shows on the ftp server to XBMC and the get file changes/updates automatically, i also dont have to download those shows anymore. But i simply cant change the name on the server, since the server dont belong to me.

any ideas?

Thx Andy

PS: Btw is there a way that XBMC will auto scan all my sources if file changes happens in the background while XBMC runs? For example if a ftp download is complete and the file gets moved into a XBMC source folder? I mean without manually restart XBMC or rescan option?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51614 Its a sticky in this forum on how to add regex to look for episodes and stuff.

Otherwise, you're gonna probably be stuck renaming your files.

I did it (650+) episodes, and yea, it was a pain in the arse. But since they work in XBMC now I'm glad.
Ah oki will try this.

If i see it correctly the main trick needed is to use the absolute episode scraper and always assume/insert "s01" for the regex.

PS: Mhh i took some looks at regex examples, but i cant figure out how i can force to output "s01" if i assume only episode nr is given in the file.
You don't need to have s01 in your filenames at all anymore.

Add a regexp to advancedsettings.xml that just picks up the episode number (i.e. a single set of brackets) and it'll work.

eg I have this regexp in mine:

<regexp>Ep([0-9]+)</regexp>

This, ofcourse, is assuming you're using a reasonably recent SVN release.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Im a bit confused since your regex just selects one value. I was under the impression the all regex need to select 2 values, being the first a season number and second a episode number?
So if only one value is selected xbmc will interpret this single value as episode number?

Im also not sure about those prepend/append/none rules for the advsettings.xml file.
yes, we will interpret it as the episode number and use season 1 for all files. if you are not sure about the rules, read the wiki page. they are explained there (assuming you know the meaning of the words 'prepend/append').
Andy2222 Wrote:PS: Btw is there a way that XBMC will auto scan all my sources if file changes happens in the background while XBMC runs? For example if a ftp download is complete and the file gets moved into a XBMC source folder? I mean without manually restart XBMC or rescan option?
This can be done using a Scheduled Task, or a cronjob using wget, or curl in conjunction with the HTTP API:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43143

Also here is my regex I use for my anime and it picks up a lot more than the default regexes in XBMC:
Code:
Season ([0-9]{2}).*[\\/].*[-_ p.]([0-9]{2})[-_ (v.\[]([0-9]{2})?[^\]\\/]*
Ah thx for the tip,
i hoped that there is some advsettings.xml value i can enable to have periodic or complete file monitor support.

I have to see if i can fiddle something together without changing to linux, since im on WinXP.
Andy2222 Wrote:I have to see if i can fiddle something together without changing to linux, since im on WinXP.
yeah, I think curl is available for Windows and you should be able to do it pretty easily with Scheduled Tasks.
Mhh is there a problem with the regex documentation?

Quote:[-_ p.]
vs
Quote:[\._ \-] means literal . or underscore or literal -

Im using http://www.quanetic.com/Regex as basic test and i noticed that masking ".-" is causing problems for me.

For example using:
[\.][Ss]([0-9]*).*[_]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*
for
\Anime\Series\Ongoing\Moonlight Mile 2nd Season\(G_P)_Moonlight_Mile.S2_(Touch_Down)_-_01v2_[720p][78EC6E5C].mp4

will find "0" and "01" as result since it seems to match the "\S" right after "\Anime", if i dont mask "." it will find the correct season 02 and episode 01.

On the wiki it also dont state that u have to mask ".-", can someone clarify this pls?

Thx Andy

PS: I mean in the main regex posts (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=25349) i always see lines like this "<regexp>[\._ \-]([0-9]*)x([0-9]*)[^\\/]*</regexp>"
so is the mask needed for the xml file or is this an error or outdated format?
Is it safe to say that something that is Ongoing will eventually be moved? If that is the case then you'd best wait until it's in it's final destination before adding it to the library. Otherwise you might want to consider adding the ongoing series directory as a separate source and browsing in file mode instead.

Considering your file structure XBMC won't be able to find anything good to scrape with the path you've given because in the root will need to be the name of the show, and within each show directory will have to be either:

no further folders, implying a Season 01, as how Bleach could be organized
or
further folders signifying different seasons

The path you've given is much more than what XBMC is expecting. It works from the root in and not from the files.

In addition the folder you've got for that show has the name of the show, and the season in the same section which won't work with XBMC.

I've modified the regex from earlier as it was insufficient.
Code:
\D*?([0-9]+)?\D*?[\\/].*[-_ p.]([0-9]{2})[-_ (v.\[]([0-9]{2})?[^\]\\/]*.*
You'll have to change the way in which these files are store, however, because of what I mentioned earlier with the name of the show and the season being in the same section of the string. Also you'll have to bring the source further down the tree, such as making the Ongoing folder the source instead of the Anime.

I'm not sure what you mean with the ".-" thing. I'll try and re-read your post again and see if I can figure it out.

Also there are different regex engines out there, and the best tool that i've found to test regex's that work with XBMC is this site here:
http://www.gskinner.com/RegExr/

Additionally the regex that you have will work for your file name, however, you'll still have to address the issue of how to get the show name to XBMC. Try it on the site above instead. Some of my suggestions above should give you some options.
Mhh seems recent svn version don't have this problem with the folder structure anymore. Since i added the "/Anime" folder as source and just navigated to the "/ongoing" folder and called set content for it and XBMC could find most of the anime there with a new test regex i wrote.

The main problem is that im adding a ftp server as source to directly stream/watch from the server. So i cant change the filenames or folder structures. What i can do is apply all my "watching" shows directly as source like u mentioned.
Also i may switch to linux again and use fuse + ftpmount to directly link and build a xbmc compatible folder structure, which may be kinda complex.

But so far i make progress and im hoping to get all the special cases solved. I also just noticed how "crazy" and "screwed" all those different anime file names are. Its really a mess and while the groups offer superior quality and subs they really should work on a "normal" naming convention :p

Atm im at "[BSS]_Tokyo_Magnitude_8.0_-_01_[CE7DB547].mkv" as u can guess i now have always eposide 08 listed... "_8.0_" is part of the series name, but im working on it.

Thx for the help so far,

to bad anidb.net isn't easily working as scraper source. Since the best way to scrape anime is simply my building or extracting the filehash out of the name and do the lookup, which is by far the most secure and always 100% working way. U will need just 1 regex to extract the hash and u have all information even season based on this. U could also even copy all your files into one big folder and the library would always stay 100% correct and in sync..... oki i should stop dreaming :p
Andy2222 Wrote:Atm im at "[BSS]_Tokyo_Magnitude_8.0_-_01_[CE7DB547].mkv" as u can guess i now have always eposide 08 listed... "_8.0_" is part of the series name, but im working on it.
The regex I posted above will see right through that and pick out the appropriate field.

I believe season 1 should be implied if it's not present so cutting the season code off won't be a problem
Code:
[-_ p.]([0-9]{2})[-_ (v.\[]([0-9]{2})?[^\]\\/]*.*

Too bad the anime community is pretty much the only one with anything like anidb. I agree, CRCs would be the best, but the demand for such a method of importing the data is pretty small.

By the way, i'm about to start watching Tokyo Magnitude, I love the works from BONES. Always top notch.
Hi...
Can't get the Tv Shows information working on my Anime, altought they work great with regular tv shows (Two And a Half Man, Big Bang Theory...)
I'm using thetvdb scrapper...

Anime: Welcome to the NHK
Path: C:\Users\Public\Videos\Welcome to the NHK\
File Names: Welcome to the NHK - S01EXX.mkv
Log: http://pastebin.com/f1c4568fd

TheTvDB has information, as you guys can see:
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetEpisode.ph...anguage=en

The problem is that XBMC is doing the wrong query.

Anyone who might know what's the problem?