Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Nvidia G210 videocard with VDPAU Feature set C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
neil.j1983 Wrote:the g210 wasnt supported by drivers until 190
My g210 displayed fine with the default ubuntu nvidia drivers which i am 99% sure said 185xx, I had to install with using the basic drivers but once installed it used the 185. The live CD I am using works fine with 190xx.. of course there is no audio. It's a MSI N210 MD512, I only got it because someone on newegg said it worked with XBMC and it is passive cooled.

Big Grin Here is my HDMI Audio solution http://vintagegoatfilms.com/pics/HDIM%20Audio.jpg
GoatMonger Wrote:Big Grin Here is my HDMI Audio solution http://vintagegoatfilms.com/pics/HDIM%20Audio.jpg

Big Grin
new 195 beta drivers - http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/linux_dis...22_uk.html

i cant test them till later this week. i might be late on the news (of the new drivers), but would like to know if this affects this cards audio output?
I should have my AX1301 sometime today or tomorrow... if not, it'll be next week before it arrives. If I get it soon I'll be quick to test the 195 beta drivers.
IsleOfMan Wrote:I should have my AX1301 sometime today or tomorrow... if not, it'll be next week before it arrives. If I get it soon I'll be quick to test the 195 beta drivers.

gave them a test, seemed the same as 190, but i havent got a clue on how to manage audio devices in linux.

whatever the default ubuntu thing for audio is, it didnt pick up anything new Sad
Bummer.... looks like I'll be diving into the AX1301 case immediately to try and remove the cover they've put over the 9200 IGP's HDMI output, as well as figuring out how to enable it in the BIOS (I'm assuming they haven't locked it out).
Is feature set C worth it over B1 of the 9300 IGP?
firaX Wrote:Is feature set C worth it over B1 of the 9300 IGP?

If you watch a large amount of SD video on a large HD display, possibly... but until the drivers are updated, you'll be losing HDMI audio.
Does anyone know if any progress has been made on HDMI audio in Linux? I checked the ALSA mailing lists, ALSA bug tracker, and a few forums (nvnews, ubuntu) and haven't seen any kind of activity since late November. I know nvidia graphics dev happens behind closed doors, but I don't know what standard operating procedure would be for development of an ALSA driver for an nvidia card.

My GT220 needs to do audio over HDMI in Linux. It's sort of a show stopper. Should I be worried about drivers never materializing? I bought this card because, though closed-source, nvidia stuff tends to Just Work in Linux.

Using the blob v190.42 and ALSA 1.0.21, for what it's worth. Haven't tried ALSA SVN, as the mailing lists didn't show any relevant activity.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm pretty sure the audio drivers will be forthcoming though - Nvidia would be daft not to: the card is aimed squarely at HTPC's and a large proportion of those are Linux based. Just be patient I guess. Until then I'm running xbmc on win.
Hi there. Did anyone solve the HDMI Sound problem by now? Thx for your Help
No solution to sound yet. Hope it will come soon from ALSA side.

Except the audio problem XVIDs fail as well using latest SVNs. I already submitted a ticket for this

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8337

Anyone else experienced this with G210 ?
spykos Wrote:No solution to sound yet. Hope it will come soon from ALSA side.

Except the audio problem XVIDs fail as well using latest SVNs. I already submitted a ticket for this

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8337

Anyone else experienced this with G210 ?

I'm also experiencing the problem with xvids not playing. All other formats seem to work fine and xvids work fine with VDPAU disabled. It must have something to do with the mpeg4 acceleration on the feature set C cards. I'm going back to the stable release (camelot) until this is fixed. I don't mind having to switch the renderer for xvids but I think it would be too much for other people who us it in my household. Big Grin
Hi all,

Just to thank you all for the great work on XBMC.
Just bought a MSI N210 graphic card, and the result is awsome.
I have an xbmc 9.11 installed on ubuntu 8.10 with latest nvidia driver (195) and vpdau activated in xbmc.
=> I can actualy play h264 video and no overload the CPU

I use to have often 100% CPU usage on h264 720p upscaled to full HD before with my nvidia 7300GS, now my CPU is back > 20% load on half speed, temp < 40° so fan is off.. thanks for the noise (AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2GHz).

Well that was my testimony. No bug for now (i don't use the audio on HDMI output since i'm using the digital output directly to my 5.1 audio system)
Any audio over HDMI on these cards yet? sadly I think its time to give up hope, as Nvidia will be releasing their new 300 series soon... Disappointing as the only reason I bought this card was for the audio, but now im using the stereo analog instead.
Pages: 1 2 3 4