Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help Setting Up Live on an ASRock Ion 330 Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

would really appreciate some help here.

migrating from a full size running Vista, to an XBMC Specific PC.

Have just purchased an ASRock Ion 330 machine for the job.

Now have No experience of Live or Linux before, so floundering about a bit here

More by luck than judgement I have managed to get Live installed on the new machines hard drive and working on the machine, Video is stable at all res and looks really nice.

PROBLEMS

1: I cannot get audio out from HDMI, as a workaround I have run an optical cable to my amp, but would really prefer audio over HDMI as I am very short on optical inputs

So has anyone got any advice on how to get the HDMI audio working on this setup

2: I have a USB remote that I used on my Windows machine, (Medion Branded), I have plugged in the USB receiver to the new PC and the up down left and right work, but cannot get enter or any other buttons to work.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated

3: (Last One I Promise!) - Skins, Can you add extra skins on Live and how?. I really would like to use the Aeon skin that I had on my windows machine

Is this possible?

Sorry for the Noob Questions, I just feel really out of my depth on this, (Almost like when I moved from XBox to PC for XBMC a few years ago!)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57764 this is link to a great and very easy guide.
I've tested it with my friend's asrock and everything is working great. Cheers.
See second post here for some tips om setting up hdmi: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55282

About the remote: mine works out of the box. If yours doesnt you can find many posts about setting up correct keys on the forum

Skins: personally I didnt install from a live version, but I can either sftp a skin over (use filezilla or another Sftp program). Just send to skins folder. Alternatively if you have a program called "svn repo installer" installed, you can install from there. Might require you to get that program installed first though.

good luck!
Hi Guys

Thanks for the pointers

Starting to get there.

HDMI Audio Now working fine
Remote Now working fine
Updated to latest SVN using instructions in tips.

Just now got to get Aeon skin installed. Thats my project for tonight!
vickyl Wrote:Hi Guys

Thanks for the pointers

Starting to get there.

HDMI Audio Now working fine
Remote Now working fine
Updated to latest SVN using instructions in tips.

Just now got to get Aeon skin installed. Thats my project for tonight!

mind posting what you did to get hdmi audio working?

edit: oops didnt realize the age of the post, I am on 9.11b2 xbmc live, asrock ion 330, having trouble getting my HDMI audio to work.

edit2: it is amazing how inconsistent xbmc live installs can be each time. Just decided to reinstall this time with only hdmi hooked up (unplugged the optical cable even though it had been disabled in the bios) and everything is working great. I had it setup with the optical cable because previously i was running 9.04 and my tv would not handshake with my pioneer 1018 receiver, decided to try it again with 9.11 and it works now!