Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: huge problem with svn23672-jaunty1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just installed svn23626 and library is still broken (PM3 HD and Rapier)
fdrzrich Wrote:The 'library' or 'files' option isn't showing on the 'side' menu in the few skins I tested (Transparancy and Rapier). It is enabled in the settings menu. I'm at work now so I can't get a debug log just yet....

AlphaDog Wrote:Same issue here, but I have the debug log Big Grin

http://pastebin.com/f5fa46ce7

There is a lot of
DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (videolibrary.enabled) was not found. It must be case-sensitive

here's an update to fix the missing 'library' button in the side menu for Transparency!:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59680
theuni Wrote:I think this is just a case of the svn ppa hitting a rocky spot in svn. Things are fine now, the next PPA revision should resolve the issue.

TheUni

Just so I don't jump the gun and rollback just in time to roll forward again, is it 23965 that should be working?
A search on trac will reveal it was fixed in 23639.

Cheers,
Jonathan
DeFiNL Wrote:1. Go into synaptic and uninstall the latest xbmc svn packages
2. close synaptic when that is done
3. Then go to directory : /etc/var/packages/apt
4. Install the older svn packages manually (install dependencies first!)

This should get you up and running again... i had to go through the same process after updating to the latest svn yesterday... Nerd

I'm running Jaunty so no Synaptic, i guess i can use APT but i never upgraded from 23588 so that package doesn't exist in /etc/var/packages/apt (dont even have that path).

I found the .deb packages in /var/cache/apt/archives but no 23588 like i tought...

Bit of a Linux noob here so some help downgrading with Jaunty would be great!
jmarshall Wrote:A search on trac will reveal it was fixed in 23639.

Cheers,
Jonathan

That's great news, when will it be in the SVN repository ya think?
is it solved in this revision:

9.04.3+svn23695-jaunty1

Huh

thanks
Is 23695 > 23639?
no its bigger. why you are saying that?

what do you mean with:

A search on trac will reveal it was fixed in 23639.
So anything after that revision will work just fine.
the problem is in the version svn23672!

you are saying that it was solved in version 23639!

so the version 23672 came with the same bug so the problem wan´t solved!
Sounds like you are doing something wrong then.
well i just updatedto the latest svn and everything seems to be back to normal including the library problem, you should give the update a try, i also deleted my advancedsettings.xml file before updating
Library is back up with 9.04.3+svn23725-jaunty1. However, the scrapers are not working for me anymore, and the digital audio out settings have been messed up.
Audio is a known issue. What's wrong with the scrapers?
Pages: 1 2 3