Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bug: Audio Broken (wrong output device selected)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
upgrading from 23530 to 23688 breaks analog audio output on my system.
most likely r23666 is the one to blame.

Settings > System > Audio Hardware
Audio output: Analog
Audio output device: default:CARD=Intel

but for some reason xbmc decides to use iec958:CARD=Intel for playback instead.

Debug Log
I'm getting this issue as well. Using the audio OSD and switching from Analog to Digital and back to Analog fixes it until the video you're playing is stopped.
Fixed in r23718.
confirmed. everything sounds fine again.
thanx!
yes, had that too, manually writing "default" for <passthroughdevice> in guisettings.xml also works.
Using 23725 linux build

Same problem it seems.
Above solution brings no joy
I have same problem as well on Linux .. Using 23746 Analog Intel Audio ( ATOM 330 )

Menu sounds works fine except no audio when playing any movies ... It was working fine a week ago before new audio settings ..

Workaround:
I changed audio device to custom and put "default" in custom.
Need logfiles guys
Passthrough works fine, playing anything that uses audio device crashes XBMC.

Log
motd2k Wrote:Need logfiles guys

Here you go .. http://xbmc.pastebin.com/mc1134c3 ..

First I used custom with "default" to play back video and it works ..
Second,Third, Fourth, I used the provided options for audio devices, none works..
Fifth, I used custom again and it works ..
I was able to get mine working. In order to get Flash audio to work, I need an asound.conf file. I was using device "iec958" in XBMC for the audio device, and it was defined as below:

Code:
pcm.!iec958 {
        type plug
        slave {
                pcm "hw:0,1"
                format S32_LE
        }
}

I was updating from the 9.04.1 build, and since then, code was added to make "iec958" into "plug:iec958" internally. I made another entry in my asound.conf identical to the old "iec958" one and used that instead, preventing XBMC from prepending the "plug:".