Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] - Library fanarts as menu backgrounds.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any way to do this?

ie Movies menu background would cycle through all movie fanarts, TV menu background through all TV backgrounds etc.

Would be a really cool feature but I haven't seen it in any skin yet....would suit Transparency really well too, it being a "fanart skin".

Thanks a lot!

Absolutely love this skin btw Smile
you can do something like that, by selecting a custom (multi-image) background in Skin Settings > Backgrounds

you can use these two folders (that's where xbmc caches all your fanart):
userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart (contains both movies and tv show fanart)
userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart
Hey I also would like to do this. I'm using snow leopard on a mac mini. But when I go to select the image, my home folder isn't an option, I can only see external drives. BTW great skin
smush420 Wrote:Hey I also would like to do this. I'm using snow leopard on a mac mini. But when I go to select the image, my home folder isn't an option, I can only see external drives. BTW great skin

start by selecting Settings > Appearance > View options > Show hidden files and directories
if this doesn't work, you may have to add your home directory as a source in Filemanager
I tried to the hidden extensions thing but it didn't work. When I went into filemanager my home directory was already listed, but I still can't see it when trying to select different backgrounds.
ronie Wrote:you can do something like that, by selecting a custom (multi-image) background in Skin Settings > Backgrounds

you can use these two folders (that's where xbmc caches all your fanart):
userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart (contains both movies and tv show fanart)
userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart

Awesome...thanks a lot Smile

I don't suppose there's any way we could differentiate between TV fanarts and Movie fanarts for each menu though is there? Otherwise I suppose I could always go through those folders and grab the ones I want manually for each background.
kiboy6 Wrote:I don't suppose there's any way we could differentiate between TV fanarts and Movie fanarts for each menu though is there? Otherwise I suppose I could always go through those folders and grab the ones I want manually for each background.

have a look at this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=419...stcount=61
Awesome...looks like that script willdo exactly what I want Smile

BTW, if my movies already had moivename-fanart.jpg in their folder before being scanned into XBMC will the fanart still show up in userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart ? (ie does XBMC copy it there?)

Thanks Smile
kiboy6 Wrote:BTW, if my movies already had moivename-fanart.jpg in their folder before being scanned into XBMC will the fanart still show up in userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart ? (ie does XBMC copy it there?)

yes. :-)
All that script does which I think is awesome is it scans your database. ID's which are Movies and which are TV shows and throws them into seperate folders. I then pointed my tv fanart and movie fanart settings in Transparency to the newly created folder locations. Everytime I add a new show or new movie I run the script and poof its all done and I forget about it. Wink