Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does the MSI P7NGM Digital Mobo work with XBMC Live?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm planning to buy a MSI P7NGM Digital mobo. I want to use him with XBMC live. Is there anyone who has used this mobo in combination with XBMC live? Will sound over HDMI work?

Thx,
Martijn
I use this mobo with xbmc live. Sound over HDMI works!
That's good to hear. Are there others things to know about this board in combination with Xbmc Live? Does vpdau work?

I wanted to buy the Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, but it seems it's not for sale anymore in the Netherlands. The only alternative is this MSI P7NGM Digital mobo.
Gigabyte seem to have cut supplies of all socket 775 boards that are not budget items (G31 etc.) in europe.

I was about to buy a P45 UD3 series board but couldn't find one at any of the main e-tailers in the UK. some of which were only on sale for around 2 months!

the other one to try is the ASUS P5N7A-VM which is the 9300 instead of the 9400, but that makes no real world difference as the shared memory speed is the main performance bottleneck
Or the Zotac Geforce 9300 (or GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi in a mini-ITX form factor) http://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-zo...,6507.html

of course there is also ION platform (intel atom + Geforce 9400) if you're starting from scratch

VDPAU will work fantastically on all of these
I'm not starting from scratch. I have the following HTPC:

Black OrigenAE S10V
Asus P5E-VM HDMI
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 GHz
2Gb memory

Because I'm not satisfied with the quality of the picture, I'm looking for an upgrade. Another option than replacing the motherboard, could be a low profile, passively cooled, Nvidia graphic card. But I can't find one with a HDMI port.
I use this board in combination with an intel E5200 en 2GB ram. I never had any problems with HD content. VPDAU works.