Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ready-made music genre fanart pack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anybody have a ready-made music genre fanart pack (or for that matter a movies genre fanart pack)? I'm talking about the large background image here not the thumb or poster - I've already got those. I've done a quick search and most threads seem to contain just the thumbs/posters or recommend you use "your own". Ideally, I'm just after something I can download and drop in. Cheers.
kizer Wrote:Here are some Genres
http://www.flickr.com/groups/itunesgenres/pool/

Thanks for the reply - but aren't those just the small thumbs/icons? I've already got a full set of those. What I'm really after is a set of large 1280 x 720 (or 1920 x 1080) genre images to go in the background as fanart, to replace the green background image as shown in the screenshot below.

OK, I know I could go trawling the web for suitable images, but I had assumed that - just like the thumbs/icons you linked to - there would be a webpage/download with a ready-made set already available....I guess not Sad

Genre fanart packs are like Santa Claus (they don't exist) Sorry Kids But its trueLaugh
If you can find any let us know as i have been searching myself for a decent set
Time for the community to step in and uh make one Smile
paul Wrote:Genre fanart packs are like Santa Claus (they don't exist) Sorry Kids But its trueLaugh
If you can find any let us know as i have been searching myself for a decent set

HI,

My name is Santa and unlike most users, i do know how to use Google. ;-p

Movie Genre Backdrops
ronie Wrote:HI,

Movie Genre Backdrops
Excuse me but he was asking for Music Genre Fanart NOT MOVIE GENRE FANART.Oo
paul Wrote:Excuse me but he was asking for Music Genre Fanart NOT MOVIE GENRE FANART.Oo

besides knowing how to google, Santa also learned how to read:
snowdrift Wrote:Does anybody have a ready-made music genre fanart pack (or for that matter a movies genre fanart pack)?

;-)
ronie Wrote:besides knowing how to google, Santa also learned how to read:

;-)
Stare
Prob the best place to find what you need HERE HT BAckdrops
ronie Wrote:HI,

Movie Genre Backdrops

Awesome thanks! OK, I admit I did actually only google for the music fanart....I thought I'd just go fishing a bit for the movie fanart while I was there Wink
Ram2000 Wrote:Prob the best place to find what you need HERE HT BAckdrops

Aha! I never knew they did generic backdrops as well. What I might do then is take a look through what they've got and try to assemble a genre fanart pack and post back here with the results. Cheers.

EDIT: Had a look. Its definitely a start but they mostly have images of guitars, headphones, speakers and pianos (I'm guessing its mostly aimed at backdrops for the main menu etc. which is fair enough). I guess this'll be a bit more work then... Laugh
I will upload what i am using ie Movie genre icons, movie Fanart, Music fanart(only 3 so far)and music genre icons. Not much but it's a startWink
Being new here, where does store the genre fanart for both music and movies?

I have had no issues with sticking fanart.jpg in the movie folder i.e. Goodfellas/fanart.jpg type thing but where do the genre based ones go? This would be very cool to do.

Cheers..
colm Wrote:Being new here, where does store the genre fanart for both music and movies?

I have had no issues with sticking fanart.jpg in the movie folder i.e. Goodfellas/fanart.jpg type thing but where do the genre based ones go? This would be very cool to do.

Cheers..

I believe this is mod dependent, but most seem to go in either

[1] media/genrefanart (for movies?)
[2] media/moviegenrefanart (for movies)
[3] media/musicgenrefanart (for music).

Take a look inside your particular mod folder structure and see which convention it follows under the media folder. Then each file within the folder should be named *exactly* the same as the particular genre e.g. action.jpg, sci-fi.jpg etc. or rock.jpg, rap.jpg etc.

For example, mine looks like this for movies:

--- /media
-------- /moviegenrefanart
------------------ action.jpg
------------------ thriller.jpg
------------------ sci-fi.jpg

etc.

Don't forget to enable the setting to allow music and/or movie genre fanart that most mods have too.
Pages: 1 2