Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stereo and AC3 stoped working in XBMC - ION 330
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to linux and xbmc. Everything was working great, but now i can't get stereo or AC3 sound in videos anymore. I get the error "audio device failed to initialize, please check audios settings." I read a lot a simular threads, but non of them are helping me out.

I use spdif out from my Asrock ION 330. The problem started when I took out the optical cable for some hours, after that i lost all sound in linux. I changed the sound settings in linux , and sound was back on.
This is the settings:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9903/screenshotiw.png

The problem now is that I only get sound in the videos with dts in xbmc. I did not change any of the settings in xbmc. My settings are
audio output: Digital, dd: on, dts: on, Audio sevice: iec958, downmix off.

Its strange since it stopped working with out any changes to the system. I tried to put the Audio output to stereo in xbmc, but still no luck. I think maybe it was working earlier today. I was playing mp3's in xbmc, but when i try now, i get the same error as with the videos.

debug log:
http://pastebin.com/f8e2c3e9

I'm using ubuntu 9.04, nvidia 185.18.14 drivers, xbmc 9.04.1
I'm sorry to bump my thread if its against forum rules. I'm just so sick from all the hours trying to fix this. All answers to help me out are appreciable.
Yes, please wait at least 24hrs before bumping.
format your ubuntu partition and install it again using the asrock guides
1: you use an audio device of defaulT (notice the capital T). should be just default

2: pcm_open_lconf, alsa error: -2 - No such file or directory
your system directory seem to be missing our custom asound.conf
just got the same problem, also have an asrock 330, used xbmscript.sh to install
Thanks,

elupus Wrote:12: pcm_open_lconf, alsa error: -2 - No such file or directory
your system directory seem to be missing our custom asound.conf

How do i fix this?