Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stringcompare help..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a group list of 8 buttons that are set with a width to show 4 at a time represented by icons. The buttons toggle views and the views can be turned off so the number of buttons can decrease. I want to have arrows show when there is 5 icons or more to represent the ability to scroll over. I have tried the following to make the image of the arrows appear.

<visible>Control.IsVisible(3000) + ![stringcompare(ControlGroup(3000).NumItems,1) | stringcompare(ControlGroup(3000).NumItems,2) | stringcompare(ControlGroup(3000).NumItems,3) | stringcompare(ControlGroup(3000).NumItems,4)]</visible>

The grouplist is 3000 that has the buttons, but is within a control group 7015. I am not getting anything, but I think this may not work within grouplists. If anyone can assist it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hrmm this one seems to be missing from the wiki (so I will add it after this post) but there is a Container().HasNext and a Container().HasPrevious that work to show you if Lists, Wraplists, FixedLists ,Panels and Grouplists have a next/previous page to them for doing that exact thing showing arrows to indicate that it does
Thanks a lot Jezz. Worked perfectly!
I appreciate the help with the arrows, but now I hit a new snag while testing my grouplist. All buttons can be turned off except for one. I have my id's starting at 3001-3008, inside grouplist 3000. For some reason when I turn the id 5 off I can't scroll all the way to the right to reach any id greater than 5. I can scroll left to reach them and make it back to id 1. My onright & left's are both 3000. Any idea why 5 would break the scroll. Like I said in my previous post, my width is set to show 4 id's. Does that have something to do with it?

I am stumped on this one, so if anyone can help I would be very thankful!
breaking scroll in grouplists is useally because you either have 2 buttons with the same id or another item like a image or label with no id at all. every thing in the grouplist needs to have an id assigned to it for nav to work