Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] libfaad2 support (not libfaad0)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
on debian sid I installed libfaad2 , I have

Code:
/usr/lib# ls | grep libfaad
ls | grep libfaad
libfaad.a
libfaad.so
libfaad.so.2
libfaad.so.2.0.0

bit really xbmc doesn't use libfaad2 - it uses libfaad0

Code:
20:13:32 T:3013303184 M: 81743872   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libfaad.so.0)
20:13:32 T:3013303184 M: 81743872   DEBUG: Loading: libfaad.so.0
20:13:32 T:3013303184 M: 81727488   ERROR: Unable to load libfaad.so.0, reason: libfaad.so.0: невозможно открыть раздел
яемый объектный файл: Нет такого файла или каталога
20:13:32 T:3013303184 M: 81727488   DEBUG: Dll libfaad.so.0 was not found in path

how can I indicate to xbmc to use libfaad.so (libfaad2) - not libfaad.so.0 ?
You can try
ln /usr/lib/libfaad.so.2 /usr/lib/libfaad.so.0
yes, I know about such workaround - will do like this.

But is it right way ? No need to fix any xbmc code ?
If you complied it yourself, that is what it was linked against.
actually not quite true. we have a hardcoded reference in DllPaths_generated.h which apparently does not work for sid. you can change it there if you compile.
JackieBrown Wrote:If you complied it yourself, that is what it was linked against.

No.
I have installed libfaad2 from deb pakage
http://packages.debian.org/sid/libfaad2
spiff already gave the work around

I did it without the workaround and did the sym link afterwards to get rid of the error. But the copy I complied before the sym link worked fine.

I enable all but python for external libaries so that may have made the difference.
Sorry to bump an old thread but I've had the same problem with libfaad and it is a bit subtle to detect because audio will work nonetheless, but features such as stereo downmix won't and no message is displayed on screen to warn the user of that.

spiff Wrote:we have a hardcoded reference in DllPaths_generated.h which apparently does not work for sid. you can change it there if you compile.

Is this something the XBMC team should take care of? ir is this up to the dmo maintainer?

TIA