Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: only digital audio working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I connected my ion330 (point of view) with optical cable to my external audio decoder (onkyo). I'm running ubuntu 9.04.
Playback of videos works 100% when audio is digital (dts or dolby) but menu-sounds, mp3 and videos with analog only cannot be heard.
Any ideas?

THX a lot!
did it ever work or first install?
How is audio set up in xbmc?
have you set up alsamixer?

usually audio setup in xbmc is not correct.
Try this from the console:
'iecset audio 1'
(see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58626)

I had the same, iecset command helped.
I ran
'iecset audio 1'
restarted xbmc. That solved my problem. Thx a lot!
Are you able to reproduce this problem again? I think that we should escalate it via TRAC as it's been experienced by several people.

Doing iecset is not the solution as it requires console action.
I have this problem here too... It was working when I installed, but then stoped without a reason. 'iecset audio 1' solved for now.

I had a stopage of every sound, PCM or bitstream too.

I think that we have some instabilities with Ion audio.

How can I set the system to run this 'iecset audio 1' at start up? I think that it would help people that wont do terminal comands... normal users. Smile
The alternative you can do, but alas from a command:

sudo nano /etc/asound.conf

and add:

Code:
pcm.!default {

type plug
   slave {
       pcm "iec958"
   }

}

Of course, replace 'iec958' with your audio device from the audio hardware settings.
pbrille Wrote:I ran
'iecset audio 1'
restarted xbmc. That solved my problem. Thx a lot!

I can confirm that this worked for me as well on my Asrock 330.
I think that a newer SVN could be more stable with this Ion systems, but I tryed to update XBMC Live to the last SVN using some tutorials I found with no sucess.
I've experienced the same problem again.
Re-Installed ubuntu and xbmc. At first Audio was working fully, all over sudden analog output not working any more.
I've honestly no idea what causes this problem.
Edit:
Again after correcting with "iecset audio 1" analog sound was gone after installing slurm and munin-node via apt-get ...
Same problem on Asus p5n7a-vm and alsa 1.0.19.

I've had no problems for ages, but at some time I lost stereo playback, only passthrough. The 'iecset audio 1' solved the issue. Thanks.
Is there a permanent fix or workaround? It's amazingly annoying. It happens about once a day.
Point Of View ion330 mainboard.
Error occurs with both ubuntu 9.04 and ubuntu mobile (live version installed).
electrical digital audio out is connected to external audio decoder (coax cable).
'iecset audio 1' worked for me too , only started happening since the upgrade to 9.11 now i get crashes when i try to run HD content (mp4 / mkv) ..
In reinstalled AGAIN with the audio setup described in this tutorial.
I've not experienced the analog audio problem so far.
Since the xbmc crash I repost:
I'm still getting the analog-audio problem from time to time.
Someone has an idea to fix that long-term?