Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Album thumb fallback texture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm trying to set a fallback texture for albums when no thumb is available, using this code:
<texture fallback="DefaultAlbumCover.png">$INFO[listitem.thumb]</texture>
but no matter what i try, xbmc will always display DefaultMusicSongs.png instead ?

using <texture>$INFO[listitem.icon]</texture> for albums will also fallback to DefaultMusicSongs.png.
in this case i would expect DefaultAlbum.png would be used, similar to Videos where DefaultVideo.png is used.

could either one of the two be fixed? DefaultMusicSongs.png is used as the Songs node icon and i would prefer to use a different texture for missing album thumbs.
DefaultMusicSongs.png is only referenced in the code as the icon for the songs node(s).

I suspect you mean another image?

Cheers,
Jonathan
jmarshall Wrote:DefaultMusicSongs.png is only referenced in the code as the icon for the songs node(s).

I suspect you mean another image?

nope.
PM3.HD also uses <texture fallback="DefaultAlbumCover.png">$INFO[listitem.thumb]</texture> in it's fanart view:

song node icon:

however, the correct fallback texture is shown when selecting the 'up' entry:

Try r24110.

Cheers,
Jonathan
cheers jm, fallback for thumbs is working fine now.

would it make sense to change the default icon for albums to DefaultAlbum.png instead of DefaultMusicSongs.png ?

since DefaultArtist.png is used for artists and DefaultVideo.png is used for (music)videos this seems obvious...but hey, what do i know. ;-)