Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem(?) with Smart Playlist, Playlist rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, I'm trying to use the playlist rule within the smart playlist editor. So I create a .m3u playlist of songs I want to include in this playlist and name it test.m3u. And then I create a rule that is "playlist is test.m3u"...but when I do that, the playlist populates with every single song in my library, not only songs that appear in said playlist. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just misinterpreting what that rule does. Laugh

My ultimate goal is to have a hand-picked playlist of songs, but play it in party mode so my guests can queue up songs to play next, jukebox style. As I understand it, party mode functionality is only available on smart playlists, right?

Any help is appreciated.
Playlist takes another smartplaylist, not a m3u (or any other type of playlist).
jmarshall Wrote:Playlist takes another smartplaylist, not a m3u (or any other type of playlist).

Ah alright, thanks. Any suggestions on how I can go about what I'd like to do?
Tag the songs using ratings, or via the comment tag or some other searchable field perhaps?