Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problem building revision "22516"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Normally, I dont have any issues building the SVN. I read there were some instability issues with some of the latest builds so I read to stick with this revision.

I ran the svn up to this revision. Did all the apt-get for the required packages. ran "configure --disable-pulse". The build keep failing.

Here is a link to the build log
any help / suggestions on this would be appreciated.
even after ditching my principles and going through that EVIL filesharing page, there is no mention of an error at all in the build log - in fact everything finishes and is happy.
sorry, paste bin wouldnt accept the file because it was too large. When i did a "sudo make install", all it mentioned was it couldnt find a xbmc.bin file? I thought everything compiled successfully myself.
all i can say is that there is no indication of any compile / link error in that log. it seems to happily link xbmc.bin
this only ever happened to me when i ran make with the '-j' option.
i did use "make -j2". I always run this option. When i get home from work, I can try to rebuild everything with out the "-j" and see what happens.
Can you tell me where you found this build? I'm a noob and a friend told me that 22516 is the most stable nightly build to run with a certain skin he is using, but I can't seem to find the download anywhere.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks... Big Grin
If you find that make fails with the -j flag it's best to run it again without.
This has always almost always solved it for me.
this time I ran the build without any "-j" flags and the compile did not complete sucessfully.

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/xbox'
g++ -O2 -O2 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -o xbmc.bin -Wl,--whole-archive guilib/guilib.a guilib/common/gui_common.a guilib/tinyXML/tinyxml.a xbmc/xbmc.a xbmc/cdrip/cdrip.a xbmc/cores/cores.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/dllloader.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/exports_utils.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDCodecs.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/Audio.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/Overlay.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/Video.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxers.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/DVDSubtitles.a xbmc/cores/paplayer/paplayer.a xbmc/cores/AudioRenderers/audiorenderers.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoRenderer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/VideoShaders.a xbmc/cores/ExternalPlayer/ExternalPlayer.a xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/musicdatabasedirectory.a xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/videodatabasedirectory.a xbmc/karaoke/karaoke.a xbmc/lib/libcmyth/libcmyth.a xbmc/lib/libhts/libhts.a xbmc/lib/libPython/python.a xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/xbmcmodule.a xbmc/lib/libRTMP/librtmp.a xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/scrobbler.a xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAhead-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/sqLite/sqllite.a xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/UnrarXLib.a xbmc/linux/linux.a xbmc/screensavers/screensaver.a xbmc/settings/settings.a xbmc/utils/utils.a xbmc/visualizations/visualization.a xbmc/xbox/xbox.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lXrandr  -lavahi-client  -lavahi-common -lfaac -lhal-storage -ldbus-1 -lcurl -lXinerama -lXmu -lXtst -lXt -lmms -ljasper -lenca -lresolv -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL -lsmbclient -lz -lsamplerate -lcdio -llzo2 -lpthread -lpcre -ljpeg -lpng12 -lrt -lasound -lmysqlclient -lsqlite3 -lfribidi -lbz2 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lvorbisfile -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -logg -lmad -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL   -rdynamic
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `CSMB::URLEncode(CStdStr<char> const&)':
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/FileSystem/FileSmb.cpp:277: undefined reference to `smbc_urlencode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
I followed this thread here and everything compiled. Hopefully the performance will remain the same as before Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56211&page=3