Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple Resolutions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My current setup is my HTPC running xubuntu Jaunty. I've got a PCI 8400GS outputting over VGA and DVI.

DVI is to an LCD screen that is native 1920x1080
VGA is to either an LCD screen or Projector that supports 1024x768.

Currently I've got them outputting at a cloned 1024x768.

What I'd like to do is have the HTPC boot as it is at 1024x768 but be able to change the screen resolution within XBMC to 1920x1080.

Is this possible? If so, how?!
ant_thomas Wrote:My current setup is my HTPC running xubuntu Jaunty. I've got a PCI 8400GS outputting over VGA and DVI.

DVI is to an LCD screen that is native 1920x1080
VGA is to either an LCD screen or Projector that supports 1024x768.

Currently I've got them outputting at a cloned 1024x768.

What I'd like to do is have the HTPC boot as it is at 1024x768 but be able to change the screen resolution within XBMC to 1920x1080.

Is this possible? If so, how?!

couldn't you change from cloned desktop to extend your desktop instead? then you should have the ability to set 2 screens at different resolutions. that's how i do it in windows.

you would of course still need to switch manually when you want xbmc on the other screen (like using the projector?) in a session.
azido Wrote:couldn't you change from cloned desktop to extend your desktop instead? then you should have the ability to set 2 screens at different resolutions. that's how i do it in windows.

you would of course still need to switch manually when you want xbmc on the other screen (like using the projector?) in a session.

It's the switching that I don't want to do. I've got the HTPC setup without a keyboard and mouse and just have an IR remote, so it'd be slightly difficult!

Thanks for the reply though Smile
No other ideas?! Sad