Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV] Launcher 3.2 testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MaestroDD Wrote:please make sure you're using Launcher-3.2.beta3
If the error still comes up, pastebin console.log and crashreporter.log

MaestroDD, davilla and many others: 3.2beta3 and ATV3.01 work ok!
Thanks for your support and time!!!
Thanks MaestroDD, ran beta3 and now I have Boxee again. :-)
Beta 3 also fixed things for me. Thanks Maestro.
Otterkop Wrote:MaestroDD, davilla and many others: 3.2beta3 and ATV3.01 work ok!
Thanks for your support and time!!!

No

I've ATV3.01 and I've installed (and reinstalled) 3.2beta3 but I can't download the XBMC app from the downloading menu of the launcher (no progress bar, only 20 seconds and then the error message).

Tomorrow I'll try to downgrade to 2.4 firmware...

Thankyou all anyway!
First post so be gentle!

I've been running XBMC/Boxee for a while now with no issues thanks to your assistance.
I upgraded to 3.0.1 yesterday but since then I can't SSH into the aTV any more using putty.
Grateful for any help.
OK having had a few cups of tea and a think I realise that I lost ssh when it updated to 3.0.1
I re-patchsticked it with the 3.0.1 f/w and re-installed the 3.2 beta 3 launcher.

All seems well!
maxroncali Wrote:No

I've ATV3.01 and I've installed (and reinstalled) 3.2beta3 but I can't download the XBMC app from the downloading menu of the launcher (no progress bar, only 20 seconds and then the error message).

Tomorrow I'll try to downgrade to 2.4 firmware...

Thankyou all anyway!

you can download and install manually, PM me if you need more info

Zeljko
where will be the best link to watch for a full version, new patchstick etc..... keen not to have to keen wading through the chats here....
lynbury Wrote:where will be the best link to watch for a full version, new patchstick etc..... keen not to have to keen wading through the chats here....

first page of this topic ...
MaestroDD Wrote:sorry, but it looks like the hack is incompatible with our approach of getting in front of Finder. I guess it's because we're playing games with Finder (stealing its openglcontext etc.).
Tried the TVComposite stuff from awkwardtv.org?

I had tried Nito's TVComposite kext trick but got the same results. That's when I gave up and posted. When I get some time I may try some of the other tricks on that page. Or maybe I should just upgrade my 10 yr old TV in my bedroom to something modern. Smile Thx for responding!
Just a quick question.

If i do a factory restore. (so much fucking around in the files that i would like to clean start)

Will my /frontrow/Movies folder (what i created myself because of no NAS-server) still exist after a factory restore?

After this i will be on subject with the testing of the new launcher Smile

Mike.
Bizarre happenings here.

Was going through the process of downloading Launcher 3.2, and started getting "command not found" for wget.

Did some searching, and couldn't find it anywhere.

Can anyone think of why the update to 3.0.1 would wipe 'wget'? Has this happened to anyone else?

Ideas for safest way to get back?

tks
brandycmc Wrote:Bizarre happenings here.

Was going through the process of downloading Launcher 3.2, and started getting "command not found" for wget.

Did some searching, and couldn't find it anywhere.

Can anyone think of why the update to 3.0.1 would wipe 'wget'? Has this happened to anyone else?

Ideas for safest way to get back?

tks

Apple updates will always replace the contents of OSBoot, that's where wget would live if installed by a patchstick. wget never existed on a default AppleTV install, a patchstick would install it. ATV Flash does not seem to install wget, silly of them. wget and more fun tools can be found at

http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/...s/binutils

get binutils.tar.gz, copy it to the AppleTV, unpackit (use tar) and copy (using sudo cp) to /usr/bin/

top will need a "sudo chmod +s /usr/bin/top" to fix it up.
Really great answer Davilla.
Thanks for the help. I'll do that tonight.
tks
I did a factory restore and used an old patch stick to install SSH / others and followed the instructions on this post. Installed the XBMC Alpha version.

No real problems except the local is wrong again, not surprising but not sure how to fix this time. Done it before but ATV seems set out differently this time. tried this already.

Other issue is that there is no navigation sound on any of the skins I have tried.
Currently playing with MiniMeedia again.

Looking pretty, pretty good though Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13