Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Original DVD kit (remote control) and PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am new here... I am using XBMC on my xbox and on my laptop (acer aspire 5920g). My question is:

- because my laptop have built in irda port... is it possible to use on it original xbox remote controler?

I am using ubuntu 9.10 at the moment and I could'nt configure the bleeding thing Sad is it possible at all?
kwaker Wrote:Hi, I am new here... I am using XBMC on my xbox and on my laptop (acer aspire 5920g). My question is:

- because my laptop have built in irda port... is it possible to use on it original xbox remote controler?

I am using ubuntu 9.10 at the moment and I could'nt configure the bleeding thing Sad is it possible at all?
I might be wrong, but i believe:
Only if you mod the original XBOX IR Receiver and connect it to your USB Port.
ok...couse I thought that I can just use the laptop irda to recive the signal from the remote control... anyways... what will be the best remote for linuxHuh
kwaker,

IRDA and IR are two different things. one is data, the other is for remote control. If i remember correctly, they also operate at different frequencies as well. I think most remotes are 38khz, while I don't know what irda is. they will not work together.
ok fair play for the explanation... and what remote control set I should be looking for? I mean what brand?
kwaker Wrote:ok fair play for the explanation... and what remote control set I should be looking for? I mean what brand?
Philips has a MCE2 Remote that works flawlessly.

I think it's model number is "RC197 4501"