Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 24p and audio sync issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using an Asrock ION with Ubuntu minimal, Nvidia 1.85 drivers and a XBMC SVN from 2 weeks ago. The Asrock is connected via HDMI to the TV and Toslink for the sound to my receiver.

I run XBMC in 1080p@24

A lot of my .avi rips of TV-shows in 24p has audio sync issues. It's always the same amount, so if I set audio delay to -0,200 there are no problems.

I've just about tried all settings (adjust framerate, sync audio (tried all 3 options, drop/dupe and resync) but nothing eliminates it.

Changing the screen to 50Hz 1080p removes the audio delay, but then I get choppy video instead.

What else can I try?
Exactly same problem here!
Some help would really be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
My solution to this problem is to stop the video playback, then push the |< button to go back to the first frame and then click play again. Wallaa, the audio is synced with the video magically Smile.

I think for some strange reason, for the first n frames of the file, video is played much faster than the audio for some weird reason resulting in this discrepancy. When you stop, go back to the first frame and restart, this time both video and audio are played at the same speed until the end.

HTH.
Problem is that we can't speed up video to catch up to audio. It should normally drop some frames in that case to catch up. Not sure why it isn't.

You can try and enable sync playback to display in settings. That could help.
I get the same problem, and neither the stop and <, or sync video with audio fix it Sad Seems to be fine on x264 stuff but not SD stuff Sad

Edit: Checked and its exactly -0.200 out too!!!! I too have Ion (Acer Revo)
Hate to bump an old thread, however I have this exact same issue with the exact same setup.

None of the A/V sync options have had an effect on the issue either. The only way I've been able to make things watchable is by setting a -0.200 audio delay.

Is that the only viable solution?
The framedropping has been fixed in svn for some time now, that might fix it.
bobo1on1 Wrote:The framedropping has been fixed in svn for some time now, that might fix it.

I'm running 1:9.11+svn27527-karmic1... perhaps I'll give the latest and greatest a shot tonight to see if that improves anything.
That's not going to help because the framedropping was fixed in r25985.
Ahhhh, bummer. I guess I'll just set a -0.200 audio channel delay as a global setting as the majority of my content has the issue.