Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help for naming niche TV and Home Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I wonder if someone can help? I'm having trouble getting some niche TV programmes I've got to show up in the Library. I'm really into fishing and I've got a few TV programmes that don't show up on any of the scrapers. I've made my own Fan Art for them and these show up fine but no sign of the programme itself. OK in File mode - just not Library. Folder content is set to TV shows and "normal" TV shows that I've got work in both. I'm thinking it's maybe a naming issue?

This is what I've got:

TV Shows/Matt Hayes Catch More Fish/Summer Tench and Carp/Summer Tench and Carp.m4v

Would that structure be a problem for TV shows appearing in the library? Apart from the .m4v file, the Summer Tench and Carp directory contains my artwork - folder.jpg which displays fine in the Library.

Any thoughts anyone?
As long as you create an nfo file for it, it should be fine.
Aha..... and how do I create an .nfo? Normally these are created for me automatically when I scrape from IMDB or thetvdb.com. I know they are just text files, so not hard I'm sure. However, I don't know how they should be structured or laid out. Is there a guide anywhere? Better still, does anyone know of a tool that will generate .nfo's automatically in a way that xbmc can understand?
Here is a good starting point http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...ing_an_URL

If you search there are other posts explaining what you need to put in the files. It is very simple. When i get back home later i will post a few that i have created (coincidently for some other fishing shows).
Brilliant. Thanks very much. I'll have a play when I finish work. If you're able to post an example later it would be superb.
Thanks.
Here is a very detailed and in depth HowTo on adding your own content.

http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/communit...files.html

It has really helped me out a lot.
Hey Hitchhiker - this is a brilliant post. Thanks very much. Highly recomended to anyone struggling on this topic!Wink