Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ccxstream dead project?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey. been googling and searching for some project page for ccxstream, I'w always found xbms way better then FTP and SMB. but i think i read somewhere that the ccxstream project is dead. is this true? 'cus something that i'w always found missing is some kind of protection more then just a shared password.

Anyone know of some development on other apps simular to this one?

I'w found some for windows that uses username//password but not for linux
Kieeps Wrote:Hey. been googling and searching for some project page for ccxstream, I'w always found xbms way better then FTP and SMB. but i think i read somewhere that the ccxstream project is dead. is this true? 'cus something that i'w always found missing is some kind of protection more then just a shared password.

Anyone know of some development on other apps simular to this one?

I'w found some for windows that uses username//password but not for linux

Mount your folders with sshfs.. nothing will be more secure than this
XBMS is indeed dead. Btw. I don't really understand in what aspect it's better than SMB/FTP....
What are you trying to achieve? Why dont you want to use smb / nfs / ftp
I wanna have access to the movies from other places then home so SMB is no-can-do even though i'd prefer SMB before XBMS, and when i tried FTP the buffertimes went through the roof and i wasnt able to open part-compressed files.

Never though about nfs though. i'll look in more to that to see if I can get it to work smoothly, Thanks Laugh