Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Karmic & LIRC not working after a reboot? this may help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I've recently updated to Karmic and had problems getting LIRC to work correctly with my MCEUSB remote.

The issue was that once i installed LIRC, selected the MCE remote etc, everything worked just fine, UNTIL i rebooted the box.

I realised that a dpkg-reconfigure lirc, after a reboot would get the remote working again and irw accepted input, strange!

Anyhow, to cut things short, i noticed that lirc_imon was listed in lsmod when the remote wasnt working, and after a dpkg-reconfigure it wasnt listed.

So i simply added lirc_imon to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Rebooted the box, and hey presto, the remote now works every time the box is rebooted Smile

Hopefully this will help someone, especially if like me your using an Antec case

Smile
boom. you the man. That was exactly what I needed.

Next question: do you have an imon lcd and did you get it to work? i have the 0038, and it was my understanding that the imon_lirc driver had to be working for the lcd to work. More than anything, i really just want to shut the damn lcd off.

thanks again,
noumenon
yeah, ive an imon lcd in this antec case, it aint working atm, and tbh i aint really bothered.

if i do get it up and running ill post Smile
yeah, i'm really less worried about getting in working than just turning off the back light. If i can't figure it out soon i may go at it with a pair of wire cutters. Thing drives me nuts.

Anyway, let me know if you ever figure it out.