Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI audio - Acer Aspire Revo not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen the other threads about HDMI audio not working but I tried all the suggestions in those threads, and still can't get any sound through HDMI.

I'm using an R3600 (2 GB of RAM) and have installed the live version of XBMC to the HDD (through USB) - I used the newb guy.

I've tried multiple combinations of setting in the audio hardware section (I set the outputs to HDMI, tried analog vs. digital, capital HDMI vs. lower case hdmi, etc.).

You guys have any suggestions?
Well, it's worth a shot I guess:

Have you checked if it's mused?
Try sudo alsamixer.

That was the case for me - I spend like 20 minutes trying to figure out what the h... Ofcourse when I finally unmuted it in alsamixer, the volume on the Amp nearly killed me. Good times...
I've seen this alsamixer thing mentioned a couple of times (I'm a linux newb as well as an XBMC newb). Can you point me in the right direction?

How the hell do I get to a command line?

I also just saw the post about posting problems, so trying to pull together more detailed info.

jonassw Wrote:Well, it's worth a shot I guess:

Have you checked if it's mused?
Try sudo alsamixer.

That was the case for me - I spend like 20 minutes trying to figure out what the h... Ofcourse when I finally unmuted it in alsamixer, the volume on the Amp nearly killed me. Good times...