Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Linux] New svn version crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated XBMC svn 24329 revision and now it crashes to desktop quite often when I play h.264 *.mkv files. VDPAU is enabled. Previous version was two or three months old and it newer crashed with same *.mkv files. I also noticed that CPU usage is higher than previous version even with VDPAU enabled. I'm using 185.18.36 version of NVIDIA Linux graphics drivers on Ubuntu 9.04 (x86). Has anyone else had same problems with 24329 revision?
Hi,

I have the same problem. A ticket has been opened for that.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7396
Thanks for information! Should I try 190.x Nvidia drivers or should I wait fix for this crash?
Please try 190.x.
It's also crashing for me.

Here's a selection of the (non-debug) log if that's any help:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/311505/

Also just in case this is of any use:

Code:
michal@htpc:~$ uname -a
Linux htpc 2.6.28-16-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 20 19:48:24 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
michal@htpc:~$ dpkg -l |grep xbmc
ii  libass3                                    0.9.6-1xbmc1                           library for SSA/ASS subtitles rendering
ii  usplash-theme-xbmc-spinner-black           1.1                                    XBMC Usplash theme for Ubuntu (Black edition
ii  xbmc                                       9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    The Full XBMC meta package
ii  xbmc-common                                9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC common package
ii  xbmc-live                                  9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    The XBMC live package.
ii  xbmc-skin-pm3-hd                           9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC PM3 HD skin package
ii  xbmc-standalone                            9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    The XBMC Standalone package
ii  xbmc-web-pm3                               9.11~alpha1-jaunty1                    XBMC Webserver Project Mahem III skin packag
michal@htpc:~$ dpkg -l |grep nvidia
ii  nvidia-190-kernel-source                   190.42-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2 NVIDIA binary kernel module source
ii  nvidia-190-libvdpau                        190.42-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2 Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix
ii  nvidia-190-libvdpau-dev                    190.42-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2 Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix d
ii  nvidia-glx-190                             190.42-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2 NVIDIA binary Xorg driver
ii  nvidia-glx-190-dev                         190.42-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa2 NVIDIA binary Xorg driver development files
ii  nvidia-settings                            180.25-0ubuntu1                        Tool of configuring the NVIDIA graphics driv
michal@htpc:~$

I can provide debug logs if further info is still needed.

Regards,
Michal
motd2k Wrote:Please try 190.x.
Now I have updated 190.x drivers, but XBMC still crashes same way.
I just downloaded and complied r24351 revision and it doesn't crash anymore. Smile
noeikujoo Wrote:I just downloaded and complied r24351 revision and it doesn't crash anymore. Smile

Any idea how long that may take to get into the SVN PPA?
I've reverted to the svn24020 PPA build for now and that seems to work.

Regards,
Michal
same problem here, waiting for latest svn Smile