Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Navigation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to get the Keyboard navigation buttons or an HTTP API command to work for the on screen keyboard? I would like to be able to use only the Up, Down, Left, Right to highlight the appropriate key and Enter to select, backspace to delete. Also to have the nav keys move the cursor when in the text area.
I presume you mean solely through the HTTPAPI.

As it already works just fine for both keyboards, remotes, and remotes that act like keyboards.
Would you please explain the commands you would send in on-screen keyboard mode to highlight the desired letters and select the letters using just up, down, left, right, enter, and backspace? I tried using the Action() and the SendKey() commands to no avail.

Thank you.
No idea. The HTTPAPI unfortunately is not being maintained. What have you tried, and what do you _expect_ to work?

Cheers,
Jonathan
I mentioned previously that I have tried the SendKey() commands for navigation and the Action() commands. These work wonderfully until you open the on-screen keyboard. As soon as the keyboard comes up, the up, down, left, and right keys no longer function for anything.

I would like the up, down, left, right arrows on my controller to be able to highlight letters. By selecting enter, the corresponding letter or symble would appear in the selected field.

My IP controller works through IP port 3000 and functions great other than in the Keyboard mode.
Sounds like you need to enable "My remote sends keyboard commands" in the settings.