Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Returning from current Alpha back to Stable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've installed the current alpha, to test if a bug I have with the current stable is gone. I backupped by XBMC folder, but not my userdata (shame on me) ...
Now I want to go back to the stable, cos the bug is still there and my skin (AEON Hitched) isn't working with the alpha.

But now my movie library is completly empty and I can't start XBMC in fullscreen mode ... the databases are still there and seem to have data in it (filesize > 3 MB). What happened?

Any idea would be appreciated Sad
Regards,
Steffen
Our databases are not backwards-compatible, only forwards. So they updated to Camelot, and cannot be reused in Babylon.

It would be far more helpful if you could specify your bug and help to get it fixed, rather than just reverting.

TheUni
mhh, that's a shame. There aren't any informations available what exactly changed, aren't there? I'm able to work with SQLite Databases and could fix it, if I knew the changes.

The bug was already mentioned several times in the forums. I get an "Too many consecutive items" message when I want to play some video files (like the podcasts here: http://www.tagesschau.de/export/video-po...agesschau/) or sometimes with Apple Trailers. In the current alpha the bug remains, just the message is slidely different.

But as I mentioned before: my skin is also not ready for the current alpha, so I need to revert, regardless of the bug.

Regards,
Steffen
1. Load camelot.
2. Export your database to xml.
3. Load babylon
4. Import your database from xml.

And there should be nothing wrong with Aeon Hitcher (or any other skin) in Camelot. If there is, we need to know about it so that either we or the skinners can fix it up.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Well, after switching versions back and forward and changing to PM3 skin in the alpha and back to Aeon Hitcher the skin really is now working.

But I swear, everytime I startet the current Alpha after my first installation, the skin showed up and instantly freezed (tried 4 to 5 times). I then renamed the skin directory, so XBMC started with the PM3 skin. Here everything worked fine. Then I did the switching back and forward and tried again with the Aeon skin, and now it worked ...

And for the other bug I mentioned:
This seems to just occur when XBMC is trying to stream the files. When I download the file to my HD and start it with XBMC, everything is fine. With the Apple Trailers script, it only occurs occasionally. With a podcast plugin with the tagesschau.de feed it happens always. I looked into this script and it seems to just give XBMC the URL to the videofile and XBMC handles the rest. This happens with three different podcast plugins/scripts (among them is the Navi-X script).

Regards,
Steffen