Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Yet Another RSS reader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi!

i saw that my script has got quite many downloads already, but i thought to add a thread here too where you can give me your opinions about the script.

i had one request already and it was to add category support. i just finished it and it turned out to be quite good. i just uploaded the new version. you can get it from here...

here is and image of the app running...

give me your opinions about the script and tell me what could i do to make it even better.

thanks...
@iCEMANi
good job..

but the controlling is a little bit strong.. Wink

regards
geminiserver
very nice work... well done. tidy appearance although a little daunting to control to begin but 8/10 gets my vote.
thanks for your comments... maybe i need to rethink the controlling a little.
wow man really nice work, it is one of the few scripts that graces my box  :kickass: some times though when the comments about a story are long it cuts them off. there should be a way to scroll down for the comments and if the controls them selves were a little easier it would truly be perfect Cool
(icemani @ sep. 26 2004,05:59 Wrote:thanks for your comments... maybe i need to rethink the controlling a little.
how about if you press for example x to bring up a requester wich lets you pick category.
great work. have configured a load of custom rss feeds and it works well. as others have said though, navigation is a little odd at first and some long stories get cut off. other than that it's cool. looking forward to version 3!
(nickman @ sep. 26 2004,21:41 Wrote:
(icemani @ sep. 26 2004,05:59 Wrote:thanks for your comments... maybe i need to rethink the controlling a little.
how about if you press for example x to bring up a requester wich lets you pick category.
good idea... i need to think that
hi,

great script, just what i needed :bowdown:

i'm using the script to read this rss stream:
http://rss.fok.nl/feeds/nieuws

some items contain images. with your current script, i see images as text, so the img html tags. do you think it's possible to display images in the text?
(nheinemans @ sep. 27 2004,20:49 Wrote:some items contain images. with your current script, i see images as text, so the img html tags. do you think it's possible to display images in the text?
displaying images in the text is kind of tricky. the layout is pretty hard to do with xbmc (it isn't designed for viewing html pages i think Wink), but i will include a html sanitizer so that it removes html tags from item descriptions.

anyway... i'm gonna think this image thing through and if i find a simple enough way to do it, i will Smile
could you also provide a way for ntsc folks to use the script? the bottom is cut off for ntsc guys as they only have 480 lines rather than 576 for pal Sad
(billy @ sep. 28 2004,08:46 Wrote:could you also provide a way for ntsc folks to use the script? the bottom is cut off for ntsc guys as they only have 480 lines rather than 576 for pal Sad
yeah.. sure.. i'm just not able to test it with ntsc, but i can do it with xbmc emulator and maybe you can then let me know how it looks on your tv. i'll let you know when the ntsc version is ready.
(icemani @ sep. 29 2004,07:04 Wrote:
(billy @ sep. 28 2004,08:46 Wrote:could you also provide a way for ntsc folks to use the script? the bottom is cut off for ntsc guys as they only have 480 lines rather than 576 for pal Sad
yeah.. sure.. i'm just not able to test it with ntsc, but i can do it with xbmc emulator and maybe you can then let me know how it looks on your tv. i'll let you know when the ntsc version is ready.
i can help you to test it if you want
i have another request for a change to this script. how about a timeout in case a feed doesn't work well? currently, the xbox-scene feed is screwed up because of 1 weird characted (validate this feed) which causes my xbox to freeze, trying to open the feed.
hello.

very cool script, icemani!

one thing i've noticed that i thought i'd mention.  if you use an ampersand ( & ) in the <title> tag of your feedlist.xml, then yarssr won't load!  using the plus symbol ( + ) is not a problem.

this may be obvious to some, but it took me a while to figure out the problem.  Smile

also worth mentioning, if the rss feed itself has an ampersand ( & ) in the <title> tag, yarssr will lock up.  here is an example:

anime and manga bittorrent links:
**edited by hullebulle: please provide another example link. links to torrents are not allowed.**

any news on better support for ntsc displays?

Pages: 1 2