Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Bug: XBMC crashes when start playing video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I installed Xbmc 9.11 alpha (thinking it was the stable one on the PPA) and when trying to watch any video (bluray, dvd iso, etc) xbmc just crashes. The same happened when trying to get cover of a cd.
I'm using ubuntu 9.10.

XBMC CRASH LOG
Hi,

I have the same issue. I can't play any .iso or VIDEO_TS video. It's just crash. On the other hand, I can play .avi videos.

Should we create a ticket or there is already one created for this problem ??

Regards,
Do you have an Nvidia graphics card?
Yes, My graphics cards is a Nvidia GeForce 7300. I'm using the nvidia-glx-185 driver on Karmic.
What do you have your render method set to in video settings? Do you have it set to VDPAU? As your card does not support this.
Same problem here .crashes all time when play iso,mkv
I have nvidia geforce 8800 gtx with nvidia-glx-185
My Render mode is set to AutoDetect.
Then turn it on to GLSL if you don't have VDPAU. It's a bug that's already been fixed in SVN.
I use ASrock ION 330, nvidia-glx-185 driver, UBUNTU Karmic, xbmc 9.11 alpha,
it should support VDPAU, but get the same problem. DVD ISO stoped at the menu
screen ( most screen area was dark like screen-saver but can see menu item box movement ).
dewen Wrote:I use ASrock ION 330, nvidia-glx-185 driver, UBUNTU Karmic, xbmc 9.11 alpha,
it should support VDPAU, but get the same problem. DVD ISO stoped at the menu
screen ( most screen area was dark like screen-saver but can see menu item box movement ).

Get the nvidia-glx-190 drivers. They support VDPAU, probably have better luck with those.
I have the same problem, and I donĀ“t have Nvidia cards... have Intel embedded on D945GCLF2 MB.. have posted my further info here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=432...stcount=19
In my case, setting the Video Render to GLSL is working. So it doesn't crash anymore, but the fps while playing a video is at 35-36 instead of 24 or 30.

Is it related to the GLSL ?? or it's something else.
bump.
Anyone ? Is my 36fps is 'normal' ?
ikus060 Wrote:bump.
Anyone ? Is my 36fps is 'normal' ?

No, but in order to figure anything out you will need to post to a pastebin site the log file (xbmc.log).
As resquested, here a log file in DebugMode with a fps of 36.
http://pastebin.com/m60a196e

The interesting log start around line 2600.
Pages: 1 2